The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Contax MAM-1 and Kindai adapters

David K

Workshop Member
I've got two Contax MAM-1 adapters which allow the use of Hasselblad lenses on Contax 645 bodies. These are the OEM adapters which were, and I believe still are, pretty hard to find. I paid a bundle for these back in the day but not sure what they are worth in today's market. Couple are on ebay for around $500 so let's ask $400 OBO for each of these, net to me.

The Kindai adapters do the same thing and are extremely well made. I've got three of these. Some think they are better than the MAM-1's but I never noticed it. Pretty sure I paid around $250 each for these... so let's price them at $175 OBO, net to me.

If anybody wants them all we can talk about a modest discount.

Condition is at least excellent on all of them. Frankly, I think some of the Kindai adapters never got used :)

gogopix

Subscriber
The MAM-1's are definitely worth it. Just nails infinity focus.

David is a great seller as well.

Regards
Victor

David K

Workshop Member
Thank's for the kind words Victor... not sure that's allowed any more :) In any event, one of the MAM-1 adapters is on hold pending payment. The remaining adapters are still available.

David K

Workshop Member
Lazy me has never gotten around to posting these on the auction site. Saw Cindy's FS on her beautiful Contax 645 kit and thought I might as well bump this one more time.

Asking prices at this point are a guideline... feel free to make any reasonable offer.

F

fudsylow

Hi David,
Please forgive me in advance for asking such questions, but I have only just purchased my Connie 645 system a few weeks ago..
Do these adaptors simply go on like a Teleconverter does between the lens and the body?
If so, which Hassey lenses work with them ? A certain series only ?
Does the use of these converters effect the image area, focusing/autofocus capabilities, or metering capabilities of the Contax 645 ?
Would love to get more info, as it would appear that somebody else I just read in another thread somewhere suggested that I look in to such adaptors..
I am assuming that person is referring to these adaptors ?
Hope you can help me out, and don't mind the newbie nature of the questions..
Cheers
Rich.
:)