The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: hasselblad 50mm 2.8 FE lens

David K

Workshop Member
I've got one, mint condition, with lens shade. Let me look into what these are worth and I'll pm you with a price.

David K

Workshop Member
I'll confess to being a bit of a pack rat when it comes to lenses but I have been thinning the herd of late. No more Zeiss 50th or 60th Jahre, no more CZ 21 2.8's, no Noct, no Hassy 250 SA... but there's still a few left. I bought this lens to use on my Contax 645 via adapter but find myself reaching for the 45-90 zoom whenever I need that focal length. Not sure I would have posted it for sale but as long as someone is looking for it...

PeterA

Yep I have ditched a lot of stuff this year - funny thing is most of it was teh stuff I bought this year..winter is dangerous time - cant shoot much so gear head factor kicks in..

David K

Workshop Member
Turns out there's more than one version of this lens and mine is the one that focuses as close as 0.32m... apparently a rare beast. If anyone out there can give me some input on value please drop me a line. Marc ??

David K

Workshop Member
Turns out there's more than one version of this lens and mine is the one that focuses as close as 0.32m... apparently a rare beast. If anyone out there can give me some input on value please drop me a line. Marc ??
No further need for input on price... I've gotten what I needed.

David K

Workshop Member
Marc,

As I said above this close focusing version is quite rare. Didn't have a clue that there were two versions when I bought it but got it from KEH so I'm sure they knew and it was factored into the price. Most copies are the 0.42 like yours. Apparently this allowed them to make the lens a bit smaller, or so I'm told.

Seascape

David K, just wondering if you would comment on the Blad 250 SA, that you say you have sold. I am looking at picking one up, and was wondering what your experience with the lens is.

Would appreciate your comments on the performance and look of the results.

Thanks
David K. (Toronto)

David K

Workshop Member
David K, just wondering if you would comment on the Blad 250 SA, that you say you have sold. I am looking at picking one up, and was wondering what your experience with the lens is.

Would appreciate your comments on the performance and look of the results.

Thanks
David K. (Toronto)
David K,
You can't go wrong with the 250 SA, it's a remarkable lens. Sharp, great color, pretty much top of the line in every respect. The only downside is price. I sold my copy to a forum member from Hong Kong where they seem to be increasingly popular (he actually asked me to try and help him find another copy but I had no luck). If you need that focal length and can find one at a decent price I'd go for it. I did keep my copy of the 350 SA and can tell you that the prices I've been offered for it are mind boggling.

Seascape

Thanks for the response David, A friend has one of the original C versions (that is probably much rarer than the CF or CFI versions), and while a 180 is a pretty easy way to fill my need for a V telephoto, the added appeal of the SA is tempting. I would assume the High Res performance would also work well with today's MFDB's. I think I will go ahead with the 250 SA purchase.

David Kernaghan

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
I'll confess to being a bit of a pack rat when it comes to lenses but I have been thinning the herd of late. No more Zeiss 50th or 60th Jahre, no more CZ 21 2.8's, no Noct, no Hassy 250 SA... but there's still a few left. I bought this lens to use on my Contax 645 via adapter but find myself reaching for the 45-90 zoom whenever I need that focal length. Not sure I would have posted it for sale but as long as someone is looking for it...
Yea, and if you ever really shot the 50 like I've been trying to tell you to do since I talked you into buying it, you would dump that zoom in a hurry :D Next to the 110/f2, that 50 wide open is pure magic!

David K

Workshop Member
Yea, and if you ever really shot the 50 like I've been trying to tell you to do since I talked you into buying it, you would dump that zoom in a hurry :D Next to the 110/f2, that 50 wide open is pure magic!
Jeez, Chuck... I figured you'd never see this post, but don't worry, I've decided to keep it. Still love the zoom but it's too fat to fit inside my Profoto ring flash whereas this lens fits just fine :) Promise to do a wide open close up for you next time I get to the studio. BTW, the OP is still looking for a copy of this lens (I think) in case you want to sell yours.

wyan

I FOUND ONE!

now all i need to to find a filter that will fit.

will any 93mm filter fit?
Congratulations. My guess is that neither 93mm nor 95mm filter would fit and you will have to find dedicated Hasselblad filter which cost a lot. With that money, I would recommend you to buy a whole Lee filter system instead. Use 86mm adapter ring for your FE50 and use B60 or B70 adapter ring for your other lenses (sometimes they are very cheap at second hand markets). Hope this helps.