The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Gitzo G2220 Explorer and Velbon Neo Carmagne 540 Tripod

RGoldman

I am selling two tripods having just replaced them with one that will do the job of both. The first is a Gitzo G2220 Explorer. It's the aluminum version of the explorer series. 3 leg sections, twist locks, spike feet under heavy rubber caps. I am the original owner and this has to be one of the best tripods I have ever used. It's only .5lbs heavier than the CF version and solid as a rock. The only blemish I can find is on the sticker on one of the legs(see photo). It's just the sticker that is scratched up a bit but the legs themselves are perfect. I no longer have the original box but it does have the allan wrench and holder on one of the legs. I am looking for $180 shipped and PP'd Con US.

The second is a Velbon El Carmagne 540. This is a 4 section CF tripod that is great for travel. It's only 18 inches long when fully collapsed. It is the twist lock version with a two piece center column and can allow you to shoot from about 6 inches above the ground with the legs spread out as far as they go. There are paint rub marks around the leg spread locks from the locks themselves and from being strapped to the side of my bag while in the overhead compartment(see pictures). These in no way effect the function of the legs. The top section of each leg is factory foam wrapped and I have added a brass bushing to the center post stud to make it the standard size for most heads. Not sure why they ship it with the smaller stud on there. Comes with carrying case(never used) Asking $150 shipped and PP'd Con US.

Due to my bad experience with Jonathan W on here, I would like to sell this to an established member that has positive feedback on this or other forums/ebay as well as valid contact info!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you,

Ron

Last edited: