The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Nikon D7000 18-200VRI Tamron 28-75 2.8

djonesii

Workshop Member
Dear all;

FS is a like new D7000, with box, papers, battery, charger, etc ... Due to unfortunate circumstances, my D300 needed to go to the shop, to get me by in the stop gap, and get a rebate on a 24-70, I got the D7000. I shot the two side by side for a while, and now it's time for the D7000 to go. Overall, a bit better image quality, but a bit less AF/shooting performance, my choice is shooting over IQ. Has around 5K clicks, when I get a moment, I will verify.

This camera has the slightest amount of bag wear, and a few very tiny scratches on the plastic screen cover, which has always been on screen.

CASH PRICE $975

As above, I got a Nikon 24-70, and it's the best normal zoom Nikon ever made, that said the 28-75 F2.8 TAMRON ASPHERICAL MACRO DI INTERNAL FOCUS LD XR (A09, 5 PIN) (67) gives it a run for it's money. The main difference is in slower focus and resistance to flare. Please keep in mind this is a screw drive lens, and some say better than the BIM model. It also has the aperture ring so can be used on older film bodies.

This lens has been well treated, but is clearly used. Slight brassing in the mount, and two very small very fine scratches on the front element, focus and zoom smooth. Used on digital, so cannot comment as to f-stop clicks.

Slight discoloration on the rubber ring, hood has a few rub marks. In short, a well cared for user lens.

CASH PRICE $300

Nikon 18-200 VR-I

Bought this lens when it was really hot. THIS IS THE OLD VR-1 version. Had a Hoya filter on since day one, and included in the sale. Much like the other lens, it a user, a bit of mount wear, slight discoloration on the rubber rings, and this one has a slight bit of stretching in the zoom ring where it does not fit as snug as when new, there, but has nothing to do with the way the lens works. Selling as my walk around kit is now a micro 4/3rds and this lens is redundant. This lens, like all of this version, suffers from zoom creep, and if carried pointed down, will extend. Can't compare it to others, but it clearly has loosened with use, and from forum reading, this is typical.

CASH PRICE $475

I'm happy to ship to forum regulars. Add around $15 for insured shipping of on the lenses, $35 on the camera ( insurance adds up ). PayPal add 3%

I'm happy to give 7 days grantee.

Sold a few things here, on rangefinderforum.com, and ebay under djones63. Where with the exception of one scammer, I have 100% feedback.

Dave

Last edited:

djonesii

Workshop Member
The D7000 is on the local craigs list ..... and a planned meeting

Shame the others lenses are not m=mount, I do love a controversy!

Dave