The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Jupiter-3 50mm f1.5 LTM Sonnar copy for Leica - SHARP!

S

Snuff

This lens is a copy of a Zeiss Sonnar 50/1.5. Zahorsky Optical Mechanical Factory, ZOMZ. It was made in 1961.

Here you can see a comparison between J-3 and Zeiss Sonnar ZM:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60534

In this thread I compared this copy of Jupiter-3 with Konica M-Hexanon 50/f2:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1679509

I have two copies of Jupiter-3 and both equally sharp. One copy I decided to sell now. Chose them from four different J-3's, the others were soft wide open.

Here are pictures I took when choosing the lenses (100% crop from the center). The lens I'm selling is from the left.

Description:
Serial number: 6108134.
Focal length: 52.4 mm
Aperture: 1:1.5 (steps from 1.5 to 22)
Focusing: 1 m - ¥
Filter size: M40.5x0.5 mm

Mount: M39x1 mm (LTM). The lens mounts and RF couples with any Leica or Leica copy (FED, Zorki etc.)

The lens is in good condition. Front lens has cleaning marks that don't affect picture quality (please look pictures). There are no fungus. Focusing scale rotates smoothly. 13 diaphragm blades are clean without oil.

Comes with: front lens cap, original case, UV filter 40.5mm.

Price: US $150.

I accept Wire bank transfer and Western Union. Unfortunately I can't accept PayPal in Russia.

The lens will be shipped from Russia, Saint-Petersburg. Shipping cost is US $25.

Sample images @ f1.5 (Leica M8). Click image for full size.

Last edited:
S

Snuff

Re: FS: Jupiter-3 50mm f1.5 LTM Sonnar copy for Leica - SHARP!

Sample images @ f1.5 (Leica M8). Click image for full size.

S

Snuff

Re: FS: Jupiter-3 50mm f1.5 LTM Sonnar copy for Leica - SHARP!

The lens is SOLD!