The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS/T: CV 180/4 APO AiS

robmac

My plan was to keep this lens until the "cows came home", but I just stumbled across a nice in-country (Canada) clean 200/2 VR1 and having just moved to Nikon, I need more AF glass in the 180-200+ FL for work that's coming up. Budgets suck, but I'm a shooter not a collector (a slipperly slope), so:

FS is a MINT/MINT- Voigtlander 180mm F4 APO lens in Nikon mount. Clean, clear and smooth in all respects re: glass and barrel -- and in operation. Comes with factory screw-on metal front cap, rear cap and box. NOT included is the optional LH-75S hood. I've been using the Nikon HR-1 rubber hood with a 49-52mm step-up ring with no issues, but see below.

Prices on the 180 and 125 APOs are steadily climbing. The CV 180, when it ever-so-rarely comes up for sale, commands roughly $1300 for a mint copy with hood. That said, while this unit IS mint, it is missing the hood.

Given it makes little sense for me to order a hood ($69 from Cameraquest) and then turn around and sell/ship same, in all probability right back to the U.S., I'm knocking the price down to allow for the new buyer to acquire an OEM hood.

Price is CDN$1200 net to me. Shipping by buyer's preferred method via CanadaPost world wide. Payment by Paypal (add 3%) or, if in Canada, EMT.

If someone wants pics, it will be a couple of days as I'm up to my neck at moment in client meetings, have done deals across most forums, but I strongly suggest you check my feedback rating on FM's B&S board as Conner999 (100%) or on eBay as Kumara999 (100%).

As any CV APO lens users can attest, you hate to see one of these awesome units go (I sold my Leica 180/2.8 APO in favor of a CV 180), but such is life.

Items I would consider in trade +/- $
-----
Nikon SB-800 or 900
Nikon SC-28/29
Maybe 24-70 or 24G
Nikon 50/1.8G
Nikon 60G
RRS B2-Pro Clamp
RRS or Kirk foot for 200/2 VR1

Emails please.

Last edited: