The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD - Leica M4-P 70th Anniversary Edition

CVickery

I have a nice user copy of the Leica M4-P 70th Anniversary Edition that I’d like to sell. I picked up this body a couple of months ago as a replacement for my M3. I also picked up a M6TTL at about the same time and I’ve decided I really prefer my film cameras to have at least basic metering. The M4-P is basically a meterless M6.

The film shots that I took with this body turned out fine. The frame spacing was even, exposure was good (shutter speeds seem reasonably accurate), rangefinder is properly aligned and the viewfinder has similar brightness and contrast to my M6. In summary, operationally the camera is 100%.

Cosmetically the camera is a good quality user body. There are minor signs of use…scuffs, wear etc. There are no signs of significant hits. The only significant cosmetic issue is that the black paint on the edges of the film door shows wear. See the pictures for a better look at the body.

http://www.pbase.com/vickery/leica

(Note: The Abrahamsson soft release shown is not included)

The M4-P 70th Anniversary Edition is an interesting body that is described here:

http://www.cameraquest.com/lmp70.htm

Price - $1,050US shipped and paypalled in North America

I have perfect feedback here, on FM, on RangefinderForum and ebay.

Possible trades: ZM C-Biogon 35/2.8 +cash, Leica Summarit 35/2.5 (+cash or CV35/2.5 from me)

Last edited:

CVickery

Re: FS - Leica M4-P 70th Anniversary Edition

Price drop to $995US shipped and paypalled. Trying to move this so I can buy Don Hutton's Summarit!

CVickery

Out of town until Friday, without internet access. Consider this FS on hold until then.

CVickery

Back from NYC...great trip, but $$$ gone. The M4-P is back up for sale...make me an interesting offer.

CVickery

Some interest but no deal yet....price has been lowered to $925

CVickery

Open to interesting offers Price Dropped to $900

Last edited:

CVickery

I'm going to drop the price of this once more to $850US shipped and paypalled. This puts this right at the bottom of the range given by Antique and Classic Cameras ( http://www.antiquecameras.net/home.html ) This is a nice user body, if the condition of the back door bothers you it can be refurbursed for ~$40 (not me...I'll send a link) or if you'd like I'll throw in a leather half case for an additional $40 so you don't have to look at it. I'm going out of town later this week so if this doesn't sell soon I'll be withdrawing it.