The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Found: 21mm finder

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Looking for a 21mm finder for a hot shoe. Would love a Zeiss but like to see what someone may have.

Guy Mancuso

Re: WTB: 21mm finder

No I'm the boss. LOL

Okay I need my attorney now. How do I word this one correctly. Its a little looser for WTB.

BTW do you have a 21mm finder to sell bud, than what the freak are you doing on this thread. ROTFLMAO

NB23

Guy,

Some Myth busting:

I own the 18mm Zeiss finder and a Leica 21 (none for sale) and used to own the Voigtlander 21.
I can tell you that all three, the 18Zeiss and 21Leica and 21 Voigtlander cover the exact same FOV. The Zeiss has a higher magnification then the others so it simply gives an impression of giving a wider view. A cost-cutting trick is what their 18mm finder is. This being said, you can safely choose their 21 or 18 finder for 21mm photography, the 18 simply giving a higher magnification.

Also, the Zeiss and Voigtlander are EXACTLY the SAME but in a different packaging. The "fact" that the Zeiss is clearer is a myth as there is no difference. But in the end, the Zeiss packaging is sexier, I agree.

Guy Mancuso

Yea i used to use the Zeiss when i shot the leica m8 and it was nice but i would get a Voightlander in a heart beat also. I'm really using this for my tech cam just for quick framing. My 35 XL on my sensor is a effective 22mm, so I don't need anything fancy here. Just something to get a quick lineup

Thanks for the advice as well. Appreciate it

Guy Mancuso

Well a nice forum member just sold me his leica 21mm finder for a nice price. Nice low profile which is good for going in the bag attached.

Thanks everyone.