The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Sony NEX-3 + Fujian/Fotasy 35mm f/1.7 = $219

madmaxmedia

Hi all,

I have a Sony NEX-3, Fujian/Fotasy 35mm f1.7, c-mount adapter, original battery + charger, Sony neck strap, manual+software, USB cable for sale. Please read, the NEX-3 is as follows:

1. Overall works great and in good cosmetic condition- no scratches or wear on the body at all.
2. There is a small spot on the sensor which doesn't come off with blower. It only shows up in photos past around f/5.6, and only noticeable against the sky or flat background.
3. The coating on the LCD has worn off around the edges, so I've covered the screen with a film protector. The coating is not really noticeable when the camera is on. My film protector application was not perfect, so there are some bubbles at the edges.
4. The Sony CD is a backup copy but otherwise the same. No flash included.

I figured I'd package this NEX-3 with the Fujian, anyone who wants to try this neat little combo probably isn't shooting much at high apertures anyway. For the price this is a great combo- I personally find the NEX color cast to be a bit blue with the Sony lenses, but this lens seems to warm up the photos to my liking. The lens is well-known (Rawfa has posted some great photos!), it is nice and contrasty in the middle but has lots of field curvature. There's also a nice article with photos here:

http://www.seriouscompacts.com/f41/bang-buck-sony-nex-3-fotasy-35mm-f-1-7-a-3294/

In addition to the camera photos, I've created a DropBox gallery where you can see a photo of the sensor, general samples SOOC with this camera+lens, 1 random video, as well as some blue sky shots at different apertures so you can see the effect of the spot on the sensor. The blue sky shots were taken with the Sony 18-55mm so you can see the EXIF with apertures:

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/29935/1/NEX-3 09-01-11?h=e1f529

$219 net to me after Paypal + shipping. Shipping should only be around $6.50 in the USA for Priority with delivery confirmation. Overseas will be First Class or Priority at buyer's choice (Priority includes tracking to most countries.)

I think this is a reasonably good price for the combo, any less and I would just keep it for all the cool features and wonderful sensor the NEX has.

Thanks!!