The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Mamiya 80/1.9 M645

robmac

Looking for a clean Mamiya manual focus M645 80mm F1.9 w/caps. Shipping to Canada by USPS EMS, payment by paypal.

Edit - also interested in Mamiya 2x N

Thanks

robmac

Jack - they do indeed, but KEH uses only UPS to Canada who not only charge outlandish delivery fees but also a#$%^ 'brokerage fee' as a % of value, so for small $$ deals, the all-in shipping is too great a %'ntge of the item cost.

Love their gear, but smaller orders, for CDA, are better sourced elsewhere.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Oh, bummer on that, had no idea... Sorry!

(But it certainly explains why every time a Canadian buys a piece of my gear they INSIST on me sending USPS :) )

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, ups letter envelope to Moscow comes to $125.00 at zero value. It goes up from there.
In the other hand, the packages usually get delibered which is a different story when using USPS->Russia post.
-bob

robmac

The @#$'s are actually getting sued via a class-action out of Vancouver (IIRC) but good luck on that one. Many UPS-only shops now charge, by default, the higher UPS rate. No brokerage fee at door - just built it in price. No duties any any photo gear. Fedex charges no brokerage fee.

To ad insult to injury, courier companies also, by law, have to collect VAT (13% for me) where as with USPS/Canada Post, 1/2 the time items go through sans tax - they only sample packages I guess due to volume.

so with UPS:

Shipping fee (usually outrageous as no faster than far cheaper USPS EMS or similar)
+ Brkrge Fee (% value that seems to fluctuate from "...you're kidding ?" to 'WTF ?!" )
+ VAT - 13%
+ cost of drink to calm the @# down after signing the CC slip.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Rob,

If and when you get the lens, do post your impressions. I've been generally pleased with my copy. I'm certain the 110/2 Hasselblad probably runs circles around it as far as consistent bokeh is concerned. But, I like having a fast, wide manual focus lens.

Kurt

EH21

Rob,
I've got one but haven't looked at it in a while since I have no mamiya system. I remember the glass was fine but had a scratch on the barrel somewhere. If you might be interested in one thats not cosmetically perfect let me know and I'll dig it out of my photo closet and have a look.
Eric

woodyspedden

Hey Rob

Why not come to the lighting workshop in fort lauderdale FL in September. You can then buy the lens you want and have it shipped to me. I will bring it to you in Florida saving all the tax, shipping issues etc.

Just a thought

Woody

robmac

Woody,

Thanks very much for the kind offer. Unfortunately I'm up to my %^& in reno projects until the snow flies. The summer weather here has been ugly wet and really limited getting any landscaping done.

On top of that I have wife with a blown-out knee (soccer mishap). She's had one scope and is now headed for ACL consults next week and surgery - also means I've lost my primary helper. On top of all that we have the outlaws for the first two weeks of month.

Actually, when I read the preceding, the workshop sounds better and better ;>

Anyway, thanks very much for the offer. I have a couple of leads on copies. If they don't pan out I'll just hold off until I have an order for KEH that makes the @#$%^ fees easier to stomach.