Site Sponsors

Thread: Chamonix Saber 4x5 handholdable camera

Post Thanks / Like

Chamonix Saber 4x5 handholdable camera

I purchased this camera a year ago and then waited for the production cycle to come around. It finally got finished and it is totally worth the wait. It is a super well made conversion that is about the smallest 4x5 camera I have ever seen. I haven't gotten a chance to run any film through it so it is brand new. I had them put in a 120mm f5.6 Apo Symmar so it has pretty much the best lens possible for this camera configuration.

You can go to the Chamonix webpage to get more info.

http://www.chamonixviewcamera.com/saber.html

To be honest I don't know much more about the camera than what you can find on their site.

$1500 shipped in the con/us

Will consider trades for Canon eos glass or an inexpensive 4x5 camera and lens plus cash. Or anything else you want to throw at me.

Last edited by chaser; 5th September 2011 at 15:07. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chamonix Saber 4x5 handholdable camera

What kind of film back mount is on this? Can a 4x5 polaroid or fuji pack film back be easily it on it?

Post Thanks / Like

It is set up for Grafmatic backs and it takes the Chamonix holders as well as the Fuji and Polaroid instant backs. The only thing it will not take is regular double darkslide holders that haven't been modified to accept the retaining nuts on the camera (you can see what they do to their holders to make them lock into the camera in the last photo). But yeah it is made to work with instant film holders and it has a ground glass back for when you don't feel like using the rangefinder.
    Last edited by chaser; 5th September 2011 at 21:45. Reason: formating

Post Thanks / Like

Traded.
    Thanks