The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Chamonix Saber 4x5 handholdable camera

chaser

I purchased this camera a year ago and then waited for the production cycle to come around. It finally got finished and it is totally worth the wait. It is a super well made conversion that is about the smallest 4x5 camera I have ever seen. I haven't gotten a chance to run any film through it so it is brand new. I had them put in a 120mm f5.6 Apo Symmar so it has pretty much the best lens possible for this camera configuration.

You can go to the Chamonix webpage to get more info.

http://www.chamonixviewcamera.com/saber.html

To be honest I don't know much more about the camera than what you can find on their site.

$1500 shipped in the con/us

Will consider trades for Canon eos glass or an inexpensive 4x5 camera and lens plus cash. Or anything else you want to throw at me.

Last edited:

EH21

What kind of film back mount is on this? Can a 4x5 polaroid or fuji pack film back be easily it on it?

chaser

It is set up for Grafmatic backs and it takes the Chamonix holders as well as the Fuji and Polaroid instant backs. The only thing it will not take is regular double darkslide holders that haven't been modified to accept the retaining nuts on the camera (you can see what they do to their holders to make them lock into the camera in the last photo). But yeah it is made to work with instant film holders and it has a ground glass back for when you don't feel like using the rangefinder.

Last edited: