The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CHARITY SALE: ThinkTank Retrospective 5 (SOLD)

mathomas

I recently did a review on the ThinkTank Retrospective 5:

Part I
Part II

ThinkTank was kind enough to let me keep the bag after review. Rather than keeping it I have, instead, decided to sell the bag here at GetDPI.com and give the proceeds to a charity -- a win/win.

You buy the bag, I donate the proceeds to the charity of your choice (please make sure the charity accepts PayPal donations). CONUS only -- sorry.

The bag will be shipped to you in the original box, and has never been outside my house.

$100

Please, no bargaining or holding. It's for a good cause (yours) and is a good price. First person to put $100 in my PayPal account takes it. PM me for the account email.

(I'll take the PayPal hit and pay CONUS shipping)

Last edited:

Roel

Re: CHARITY SALE: ThinkTank Retrospective 5

That is a very kind gesture. Too bad I live in Canada.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

BTW folks Mike did contact us about this auction and we did approve it for charity. If anyone would also like to do something similar give us a jingle, Jack and I are all for these charitable causes to help others. Thanks Guy

BTW I also had one of these bags really sweet little bag.

mathomas

Thanks Guy. To clarify a bit for others here, my first idea was to raffle the bag for $5 a "ticket", with the winner getting the bag and the money going to charity. Because it was unusual, I asked for permission, and was kindly granted it by Guy and Jack.

I actually typed up the raffle post last night, but as I worked on it I started to feel that it might become too complex for me to carry out to all participants' satisfaction. I also worried that I might not raise as much money as I'd like. Therefore, I just did the simple sale approach you see posted here. It went very quickly and we all share in a win: Terry got a bag she wanted, for a good price, and also made a donation to a cause she believes in.

Thanks!

mathomas

That is a very kind gesture. Too bad I live in Canada.
Thank you for your thoughts Roel. I felt the need to limit it to CONUS, to keep it simple (for me, anyway).

Terry

This was an awesome idea and I thank you Mike!
I just got the email back from the chosen charity.