The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 35mm Summilux ASPH 6 bit coded MINT

L

Leicart

Hello everyone.

I sell a 35mm Summilux Asph Version I, serial number: 3888949 made in 2000 by the Leica Factory with 6 bit coded for the M8/M9.

It is an amazing and very very rare lens. Outstanding picture quality. One of the best 35mm lens ever made on this planet.
This lens is optically MINT 5/5 front and back. Always protected by the filter from the first day of use. The body is NEAR MINT (4,7/5) just a very small scratch on the finger control on the focus ring (see picture). The focus ring is very smooth. And the aperture ring is just a paradise.

This lens is automatically recognized by the M8/M9. Another precision : NO BACK/FRONT FOCUS WITH THE M8/M9. The lens works perfectly at all aperture with the M8/M9.

The lens comes with the lens Hood original Leica and the leica front cap, a Heliopan protection filter E46, standard front and back caps (not leica), the leica box, instruction book, BUT no leather case.

Pictures slideshow here : http://img708.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=l1006114.jpg

The price is : 3200 euros net to me includes worldwide shipping cost.

You can pay via paypal (add paypal fees) or bank transfer.

The lens will be sent from France via Colissimo international (+/-7 days to arrive worldwide) with tracking number after the payment.

Don't hesitate if you have any question or if you need more pictures.

Many thanks to all leica lovers. :salute:

Last edited:
L

Leicart

And, as usual, my famous "image proof", to prove I'm serious and I really own the lens :

Thanks again to Get Dpi forum.

thrice

Not meaning to police your listing or anything, but do you offer the option of full refund if the lens is not as described? Since you say it has "NO BACK/FRONT FOCUS WITH THE M8/M9" this would make it wildly appealing to me since every other 35 ASPH in existence including my old chrome one and the modern FLE show some degree of focus shift since it is inherent in the design and not a copy-to-copy variation.

L

Leicart

I tested it with a M8/M9 and I didn't see anything embarrassing about the front/back focus at all aperture with a crop 100%. To define EXACTLY what I said : of course, maybe with scientific tests, or examine in detail the picture with very expert eyes, you can find something...BUT In my opinion, I've seen NOTHING with the back focus shift phenomenon observed sometimes on these lux asph 35mm V1... In the oposite, I had one time a lux asph wich had a front focus very significant... Here, if there is this phenomenon, it is insignificant, and I can't see it. I tried to be the BEST to describe exactly the lens, to have good pictures, and a picture proof...So, maybe you are to much punctilious...And, you have already two 35 lux asph...So you will not buy mine...So...Hope my answer is sufficient. Regards. Have a nice week end. :thumbup:

Last edited:

thrice

Sorry, I meant to say my "previously owned" chrome one which I sold last year.

Good luck with your sale.

L

Leicart

Thanks Hunghang !

The lens is still available.

Have a nice week end everyone !