The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Beautiful Minolta G 200mm f/2.8 APO

mathomas

I am selling a nearly perfect Minolta 200mm f/2.8 APO G lens. It comes with both caps and a Tiffen Haze filter.

$1250 Shipped and PayPal'd, CONUS only

The only imperfections I can find are very tiny (much smaller than a pinhead) imperfections in the white paint on the main barrel. I suspect they were made by the hood sliding back and forth. I hear the paint on these lenses is pretty fragile, so I suspect the lens was seldom used by the prior owner. One of the marks is called out with an arrow in the second photo. The others don't show in the photos. The glass is flawless, to my eye. The Tiffen Haze filter is also flawless, to my eye.

I shot some test photos with it today, and it performs properly on my Sony A55 (actually, looking at the photos makes me wonder whether I should sell it at all!).

If my PM fills up, please contact me at:
mike_thomas
at
yahoo
dot
com

As always, I prefer to deal with established forum members. I reserve the right to be selective regarding with whom I deal.

Last edited:

mathomas

Price reduction bump: $1150.

There's gotta be a Sony Alpha nature shooter that wants this pristine lens!

Agnius

I am interested in your 200mm lens.

I am a long time Canon shooter, but lately have gotten into Leica glass and now I am getting a NEX-7 - my back needs a break while carrying heavy dslr. I still intend to use my Leica lenses most of the time, but would like to see what this Minolta could do as well, and it is nice to have AF for action.

Let me know if I should sent you money via paypal. I am in Southern California.

Agnius

P.S. I have rented Canon 200mm f1.8 and thought that was an amazingly performing lens, but weight and size scared me away. I have rented Canon's f2.8 version and it was nowhere even close. If Minolta APO could meet me midway - I would be exctatic. I have Leica 70-180mm zoom, and it is great, but for travel kit it is just too heavy. Good for studio though.

Last edited:

mathomas

Bump. Remember, the price includes PayPal and shipping.

Will be going to eBay before too long, where examples in this condition are bringing $1100-1250 (completed auctions). KEH has an EX one right now for $1,369 + shipping.

Irenaeus

I really wish I could but more than the available funds I had last week just went for a Mac Pro! Otherwise I'd have snapped it up already.