The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M3 serial 11111xx and Summicron 35mm f/2 v1 (with matching box!)

glee719

Hi,

I am new to selling here but since there are more M users here I want to give it a try. You can check the attached link on FM and you will see I am pretty well established.

I have been trying different older Leica stuff, and decided to let these two go. I bought this M3 with a high serial number, wondering if it is really any different than my SS M3 sub-1M with much uglier looks, and decided I don't care for the serial number and good looks. Everything functions as it should. There are some specs of dust in the viewfinder but not really noticeable unless your eye is focused on the viewfinder and not through it. I do have a body cap.

Version 1 of the Summicron 35mm lens is a stellar performer. Ken Rockwell says it's close to the current ASPH version in terms of performance. It has 8 elements just like today's ASPH version.
http://kenrockwell.com/leica/35mm-f2-8-element.htm. I decided to keep the new Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 instead. This lens comes with the original box in excellent condition with matching serial #. I don't believe the caps are original though. The optics are in excellent condition given its age, I don't see any coating issues at all and there is no fungus. The focusing ring is smooth and does lock. There is a small area of haze inside the lens, shown in the lower left hand corner of one of the pictures shot wide open with a backlight. Took me few tries and many focus bracketing to get this shot so I doubt it will impact actual pictures in real life. The goggle attachment is also hazy, but since you are only using it to frame the shot it won't affect the actual image.

M3: $1350
35mm Summicron: $1450
Both: $2600

I will pay for shipping but payment fee is extra.