The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Zeiss Makro-Planar 100/2.8 (C/Y)

Tesselator

For sale is the famous West German made Zeiss MP100/2.8 (C/Y). Glass is perfect, condition is excellent, There may be the obligatory amount of micro-dust inside but if there is it can't seen with normal to bright room lighting. Looks and operates perfectly to me! Includes both original contax caps plus soft-case. The lens needs no introduction but to note is that it does macro at 1:1, is rated capable of 3.5x on an auto-bellows which is simply amazing, and the focus ring is very smooth making it a pleasure to shoot with!

This site published these specs and comments:
  • A high performance telephoto macro lens developed especially for close-up photography. Large magnification ratios (up to life size) can be obtained without an Auto Extension Tube while maintaining distance from the subject.
    • Lens Composition 7 elements, 7 groups Correction of aberration at close range with floating elements; Angular Field 24 degrees; Minimum Focus 0.41m (16 in) (1:1); Diaphragm action MM fully automatic; F-stop scale f2.8-4-5.6-8-11-16-22; Filter Size 67mm screw-in type; Lens hood 67mm G-13 soft hood, screw-in type No. 5 metal hood (with 67/86 ring), screw-in type; Weight 740 grams (1.63 lbs); Lens size 76x86.5mm(3x3-3/8 in); Lens pouch No 2; Lens cap 67mm K-61, snap type.
    The Macro-Planar T* 100mm f/2.8 , in particular has been rated as one of the best performer in the business. The Auto Bellow and rest of other accessories found in the system also are very well designed and extremely well made to show its quality feel.

Asking $925

PS: I have two of these lenses and they have different "original" contax front caps - one is a friction-fit and the other is a typical spring-loaded type. So if you're buying this lens please specify a preference.

Thanks!

Also I would be willing to trade this for a Canon 1D Mark IIn with a low shutter count, in fair to good condition, and with 2 or 3 batteries + charger.

Here are the images of the Zeiss:

The lens on the left is the one I'm selling but both are shown side by side here so that you can see the two different types of Contax original lens caps.

The one on the left is the typical plastic spring-loaded style cap. The one on the right is rubberized friction-fit type - maybe with a metal core - it's rubber all over but it doesn't bend like rubber.