The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hugo Meyer / Meyer Gorlitz Primoplan 30mm German Lens

Andreus

Dear GetDPIers,

I am selling my prized Meyer Gorlitz 3cm / 30mm Primoplan f/1.9 lens. This lens covers 35mm feature film format and is in Arriflex standard mount. Meyer collectors know this is a very rare focal length from the already rare Primoplan series of lenses. mine is in good working condition with some minor cosmetic issues. It is completely usable photographically with perfect cosmetics and fully working mechanics, smooth focus, clean aperture, and no scratches. There is a very mild internal haze and internal dust on the lens and a good cleaning would restore it to A mint condition. I've used this lens with my Micro 4/3 camera and Arri to C mount and have 1080p video samples taken with the GH1 to show the photographic quality of this lens on a modern camera. Needless to say, it is absolutely outstanding with gorgeous flares and bokeh.

Interested parties should contact me for sample video link.

Below is a link to image galleries of the lens itself showing the front and rear lens elements under light and from more angles.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k541/midcenturybravo/Meyer Gorlitz Primoplan 3cm/

This lens is extremely hard to find and a mint version of this lens is listed by overseas eBay seller for $3500+. You can get this one from me and restore it to the same condition for way less.

My Price: $1500. And you can even come and inspect it in person if you are in the Los Angeles, CA area -- in fact, that would be ideal.

I have 100% eBay feedback. I am selling the lens to raise money for an independent feature film where I won't be needing it (decided to shoot the film with one zoom lens and have been selling my primes for my sometime to raise $.) I sold an Angenieux 14.5mm and others that were in Arri mount. This is the last of my Arris. Would like to see this go to a good home that would use it to create beautiful images care for it and appreciate it.

Many thanks,
Andre