The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon 1DS Mark III, 16-35 II, 24-105, 24 TS-E, Lens Baby 2.0 - Ready to Ship!

C

carbonmetrictree

I have a Canon 1DS Mark III with 6100 shutter actuations up for sale including a few other lenses I can combine or sell separately.

The 1dsMk3 has been babied since day one. It is being stored in a Pelican case, kept in a humidity and temperature controlled closet along with all of my other cameras and older lenses. I purchased both zoom lenses a few months after purchasing the 1dsMk3. I drove down to the Canon Service Center in Irvine, CA to ensure that the sensor is completely clean and that all the components are calibrated correctly. (There is an issue with many 1dsMk3s having the viewfinder off a few degrees, luckily this one was perfect out of the box). Canon also upgraded the firmware to the most current version.

If you are also interested in the lenses, they have all been calibrated for this specific camera, no fine microadjustments are needed (this made a significant difference in attaining critical focus, especially with the zoom lenses). I also installed a new EC-D grid focusing screen for composition and perspective control. The battery has been calibrated and has only been recharged five times. I registered this camera with Canon and can transfer the warranty over to the new owner, the camera was registered in early February. The glass in all of the lenses are clean and clear of any fungus or dust. All of the lenses and the were registered with Canon on June 2008 when I dropped them off to be cleaned, so you will have around 10 months more of free cleaning and adjustments for the camera and lenses. For documentation purposes, I still have all of the warranty cards for the lenses, I thought that I might sell the equipment sooner than a year so I kept them for a possible new owner. Canon will also provide free cleaning and adjustments for the 1dsMk3 until next February, after that, you can use the $100 voucher for any additional servicing if needed. I used white out to clear the information on the 24-105mm f/4L warranty card.

What's up for sale-

-Canon 1DS Mark III 21.1 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera
-6200 shutter actuations - $6900 (purchased for $8800 from an authorized Canon dealer in NY)

-This camera feels and looks like it never came out of the box, it was dedicated only for my architectural and night photography.
-Manufacturer's box, documentation, and all accessories

Items Included with the camera:
-New Ec-D Matte Grid Focusing Screen (I still have the original screen and the tool to swap screens out)
-1 RS-80N3 Remote Switch Cable Release
-1 Ebay version of the Remote Timer Cable Release (up to 99hours countdown) - It is the same one as the OEM version, cheaper, not as well made but it does the job.
* - $100 voucher certificate with rush shipping stickers so that you can send your 1dsMk3 to Canon with rush servicing to either Jamesburg, NJ or Irvine, CA with no extra charges.

Lenses include original boxes, leather pouches and documentation (all U.S lenses, no grey market)-

Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L USM II Wide Angle Zoom Lens - $1250 (Purchased Brand New)

Canon 24-105 f/4.0L USM IS Zoom Lens - $900 (Purchased Brand New)

Canon 24mm TS-E f/3.5L Lens - $900 (Purchased brand new a year ago, never registered it until this year) The lens shifts and tilts very smoothly, looks great!

---- I had Canon switch the tilt and shift axis' so that both are on the same plane, it is much more useful in this orientation.
You can switch it back if you send it into Canon if you wish. If you do not know about this process, you can visit
Northlight Images for a explanation on how it is done.

I just found this in the closet hiding in the dark-
-Lens Baby 2.0 Canon Mount (comes with aperture rings) (Used twice, didn't really have a use for it) - $75

Shipping for the camera will be $50
The lenses will be $20 each
I can combine shipping if you would like to purchase more than one item!

I accept cashier's checks, money orders, personal checks (will have to wait till it clears), and Paypal + 3% for Paypal fees.

C

carbonmetrictree

I'll let the 1dsMk3 go for $6800 for GetDPI members!

C

carbonmetrictree

Prices reduced!:

1dsMk3 : $6700
24mm TS-E w/axis swapped -$850
24-105 : $850
16-35 II : $1150

All of the prices include shipping to the continental United States.

C

carbonmetrictree

All sold except 1dsMk3 - Make me an offer if you're interested!