The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: FD 35mm F2 Thorium/Chrome Nose

Thatspec

Nicest copy I've seen of the FD 35mm F2 chrome nose, near mint. Thorium oxide element(s), concave front element, F16 smallest aperture. Serial #23xxx. Appears to be the 3rd version built approx 1971-73. Stock rear, generic front caps.
Very sharp wide open with nice smooth bokeh. $345 inclusive of shipping and PP fees. Also includes a decent FD-M4/3 adapter.

Caution! Radioactive, do not ingest lens ;)

To add a little credibility to the sale, please see my username in it's various iterations (Thatspeck), on Fred Miranda and most photo forums. Many of you look familiar :)

Last edited:

Thatspec

A few more pics from yesterday. F2, F4, F5.6, and 100% crop of the upper right corner. Horrible light... until spring:rolleyes:

thrice

One of the more exciting and rare FD's, from what I recall it compares very favourably to the summicron! Good luck with your sale.

Thatspec

Thanks Daniel for the luck, it worked!

Lens is sold :)

I'm probably just missing it but is there a way to mark this as sold without bumping it for future reference?