The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS/FT: Leica M3 SS, great user, CLA'd

peterlat

Very nice M3 single stroke, ca. 1960, cla'd and re-covered this past spring by Youxin Ye. Everything works perfectly--a very smooth camera. No dings or dents that I could find--just some normal wear and scratches. Please note that the finder eyepiece has an unusual black color. The metal kept scratching my glasses, so I tried a suggestion I found on one of the forums and applied some liquid electrical tape, which eliminated the problem. I'm not sure how difficult it is to remove--I haven't tried. Also--the soft release does not come with the camera; I forgot to remove it before taking pictures. The strap and body cap are included. I'm fairly new to this forum, but I've bought and sold a fair amount on Rangefinder Forum, LFF and on eBay (username peterlat). I'd like to keep this as a U.S. sale, at least for now. Insured shipping in the U.S. is $20. PayPal's ok if buyer pays the 3% or uses the free 'gift' option. I'd consider a trade or cash-trade deal for any of the following: Fuji GSW690, Bessa R2M or R2A, Mamiya 7II body, or as a more remote possibility a 40mm Voigtlander lens for M-mount or Nikon SLR mount.

Last edited: