Site Sponsors

Thread: WTB Hasselblad CFV-16/39

Senior Member johnnygoesdigital's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WTB Hasselblad CFV-16/39

WTB a Hasselblad CFV 16 or CFV 39. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB Hasselblad CFV-16/39

I know, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A nice looking CFV-39 sold on eBay this morning for $8,213. Not cheap, but a good savings vs the price for a new one. Five bidders in the last two minutes of the auction. I guess there just aren't many of these out there. I'd like to upgrade to the CFV-39 (or a Pentax 645D), but the wife says "no way", so I'll have to be content with what I've got (for now).

Hope you find one.....

Gary
    CFV-16 II
    Last edited by bensonga; 14th October 2011 at 22:02.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gary,

I was watching that ebay auction too. I might have bid, but there was no way to confirm the capture count, as this was not the original owner. The CFV-16 is really my 1st choice, it renders so nicely with the fat pixels!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not being able to verify the capture count is definitely one of the risks with buying a used CFV. I sure wish it stored more information on the back and in the image EXIF data....such as shutter speed and aperture. I've always wondered if the shutter speed and aperture data is transmitted and stored in EXIF when using the 555ELD or 200 series cameras, which have some sort of electrical data connections that the 503/501/500 etc series cameras don't have.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I bought mine because it had fat pixels and square chip - about a month before the CFV-39 was released. I got rather upset with the dealers down here over this - and have not dealt with Hasselblad down here since.

I think the problem you may have in finding a good one is that people who bought it - bought it to use with 200 series as well as 500 series bodies and their F and CF series lenses. So if the back goes it pretty much means the bodies and lenses become film only.

Going prices for a back/body and a lens suggest it is all worth maybe one and half Leica S2 lenses - personally I get more utility out of the gear than than used prices suggest.

So if I was to sell I would have to sell as a kit with back body and lens(es) - I can't see that happening.

Good choice of back though - punches way above its megapixel count weight.

Pete

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a CFV16 myself; really makes a difference being able to shoot digital/film with the 500 series (I shoot a 503CW). I use the CFV for color and film for B&W generally. And yeah... It might "only" being 16MP, but you'd never know it looking at the output - which is simply phenomenal. As good or better than the M9, especially when it comes to colors, which are off the charts.

Post Thanks / Like

fresh!

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

having had both the cv16 and cv39
    the 16 is square, the 500 is square, the combo is great
    the 39 is rectangular, works best with the 500 if you always keep it sq and forget about the extra pixels

one of the great features of the 500 is the sq format