The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Beautiful Canon 7 with 50mm f0.95

vickko

Beautiful Canon 7 for sale, asking $2500 usd

The camera is working properly.

See the photos for the cosmetic condition, but highlights of the flaws are:

- metal shutter curtains are good. The second curtain (ie. shutter released) shows the slightest semi-circular marks. I can't photograph these properly. The first curtain (shutter tensioned) shows the staining. I can't tell what it is; it doesn't appear to be oil.

- glass on lens is good. You'll find a few tiny wisps of cleaning marks, but very few. One item is a black spec of what looks like paint, on one of the rear lens surfaces. It is about 1 mm long, and thin, and about 5 mm from the edge. There is a minor amount of dust in the lens, nothing out of the ordinary.

- the bottom plate has one thin long scratch in the middle (again not showing up on photos). The tripod area has a ripple - might be from a quick-release pad from a tripod. This ripple is rectangular shaped.

Overall, the camera is in very fine condition.

The shutter appears to be stepping through its speeds properly and the slow speeds sound smooth.

The meter responds to light but is about 3 stops low.

The RF is clear and contrasty and I think it is normal. It is similar to a Nikon SP spot. The RF is aligned properly at infinity and vertically.

Reason for selling - I'm downsizing, the lens won't fit on a Leica and I don't want to modify it.

Payment by Paypal or money order.

I'll ship in Canada for $50, fully insured.

For USA shipping, I'll split the shipping and ask only $75. Canada Post won't insure over $1K. I'll need to ship FEDEX; and with insurance, shipping is expensive.

For outside of North America, I will ship fully insured with FEDEX and it will cost $125. Sorry, but as with the USA, only FEDEX will insure the value.

Thanks for looking.

Vick

Last edited: