The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Konica L-Hexanon 50mm f/2.4 (collapsible)

pgmj

Up for sale is a Konica L-Hexanon 50mm f/2.4 (collapsible). It is a Leica thread mount lens, and from what I can tell using online sources, 2000 lenses where made during 1997.

The lens comes complete with all original parts included in the box. See photos linked below.

I have used the lens briefly on my Leica M8 with a LTM->M-adapter. Focusing was a bit off, though. I have read that some people have no issue with focusing this (and other) Konica lens on M cameras, and I think it might be solved using a different adapter. The lens collapses fine when mounted on the camera.

Photos:
https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/8419879/1/konica5024?h=96067a

Sharpness and bokeh is wonderful, and the MFD of 0.8m that few non-Leica 50mm lenses offer is nice. Have a look at the MTF amongst the photos linked above. I have too many 50mm lenses, so one has to go... :/

Mechanics and glass is in perfect order. No looseness in the barrell when collapsing the lens. There are some thin marks on the lens barrel (the part that shows when extended), which you can see in the photos.

Erwin Puts mentions the lens here:
http://photo.imx.nl/zeiss/zeiss/zeiss/page53.html

In comparison the Elmar-M 2.8/50 at full aperture is a shade softer and extremely fine detail is clearly rendered. The outer zones however are visibly softer. Stopping down the Elmar becomes the equal of the Hexanon, but at 2.8 the Hexanon is indisputably the winner. If its mechanical parts were improved. Here we have a lens that challenges the classical and redesigned Tessar design.
As previously noted, I haven't noticed any looseness in the barrel. I really can't see how the lens could improve its mechanics at all, even compared to my Leica lenses.

Price: 550 EUR incl insured shipping within EU.