The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Nikon 135mm f/2 Ai-S Manual Focus Lens

tetrode

*** Lens has been sold ***

Not much sense owning two 135mm f/2 lenses so I've decided to keep my Canon and say goodbye to my treasured Nikon. I am the second owner of this 135mm f/2 Ai-S Nikkor. Glass is mint with no marks. No fogging; no fungus. Glass is perfectly clear. Diaphragm is snappy and oil free. Focusing is silky smooth. I'd consider the cosmetics excellent to excellent plus. Look at the photos closely. There are no dings, dents, or scratches. However, the lens does look like it has been used but shows only minimal signs of wear. I have included one photo of the worst of the cosmetic defects: a very small area near the "Made in Japan" marking where some paint is missing. The only other "issue" is that the sliding hood doesn't snap into place as tightly as I'd like.

The lens is sharp and has served well on my D3, D700, and D300 DSLRs. While I was shooting pictures of the lens I also photographed an Easter rabbit with it. I have included the full frame and a 100% crop. Neither image has had sharpening applied.

This photo shows the area of paint loss:

And the unsharpened samples:

$400 shipped and Paypal'ed. CONUS only, please.

Dave F.

Last edited: