The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Nippon Kogaku 50mm F1.4 LTM

lucaloren

Hi, I have for sale a Nikkor Nippon Kogaku 50mm F1.4 LTM lens. This is a late model version of this lens (because of the black aperture ring).

The lens is cosmetically in fabulous condition as you can see from the photos. The lens barrel has no scratches or marks on it.
The glass is also in superb shape with no haze, fungus or scratches on any of the glass elements. Under very strong white light you can see some cleaning marks on the front element. The aperture blades are perfect with no oil or wear on them.

The aperture ring clicks into place and focus is smooth. This lens focusses down to 16inches although the rangefinder will decouple well before that at 0.7metres. Dante Stella has a little review of this lens at his website but it is generally regarded as a sharp lens even wide open and has the beautiful sonnar type bokeh. It was far better than the Leica Summilux of the time, have a look over on RFF for more info.

As you will note, the infinity lock is missing but this in no way affects the functioning of the lens.

It comes with the original Nikkor lens cap but does not have the rear lens cap.

The reason I am selling is that I have just picked up the Zeiss 50 Sonnar and can not keep two similar style lenses.

I am asking AUS$770 obo for this great example of this classic lens. Happy to ship internationally but please let's talk to agree on shipping price.

I have been a long time lurker and user of this site and at RFF. I have bought from members on both these sites and have a presence on the 'bay - all with the same username.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM.
Cheers!

Last edited:

lucaloren

Hi, I've included a picture of the infinity lock area on the lens. I hope this is helpful, let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers!

lucaloren

Hi,

a price drop to USD$750 (not Australian $$) for this great lens!

Should help you out now that the AUS$ is so strong against the greenback! :thumbs: