The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica bodies: M4 and M3DS

peterlat

I'm listing these two bodies for an old friend who's thinning his Leica herd. One's an M4, the other's an early M3 double stroke, ca. 1955. These are U.S. sales only. It'd be simpler for anyone interested to contact him directly: Larry Marcus, [email protected], 612-339-0258. I've seen the cameras and can attest to both being described accurately, with any flaws carefully noted. I'm relatively new to this forum myself, but have bought and sold quite a bit on RFF, Large Format Forum, photo.net and eBay (peterlat). He's also selling a 50mm DR Summicron and 135mm/2.8 Elmarit, both with eyes. Here are his descriptions of the bodies:

M4:
Good working camera body with it's share of dings, nicks, use marks, strap rubbings and a bit of brassing below the advance lever. I have owned this camera for 30 years and hate to see it go. Leica went through the camera many years ago, not sure when, and I have kept it in good working order. Original body cap and flash plugs. $800.00 (including PayPal) plus $15.00 shipping.

M3:

Dual stroke body, serial #752015. Great working camera mechanically; no problems. Has it's share of small dings, use marks and scratches. Two small vulcanite chips--one on front, one on back. Small chip in corner of the front element of viewfinder window--can't see it looking through the finder and doesn't effect focusing or alignment. Body cap and original flash plugs. $685 (includes PayPal), plus $15 shipping.

Last edited: