The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Microtek ArtixScan 4000tf film scanner

dkreithen

FS: Microtek ArtixScan 4000tf 35mm film scanner. This is a toaster sized dedicated film scanner capable of a true 4000 dpi (unlike most flatbed scanners which just advertise that resolution when really their lenses are incapable of resolving that much). It's a good choice if you want to scan 35mm black and white negatives (and also color negatives and slides, of course). It has no ICE (automatic scratch removal system) - but ICE doesn't work with many scanners with silver-based black and white films anyway. Scanner is in good operational condition (I just tried it out today, actually). The only oddity is that it tends to produce scans that are rotated a slight bit (about 2 degrees), which is easily corrected in software. Comes with slide and negative strip holder, dust cover, power and firewire cord, Silverfast 6. I suggest not using Silverfast but instead use VueScan (available at www.hamrick.com) which fully supports this and many other scanners. Comes in original packaging, which makes for a quite large package. Also important to note is that the interface to the computer is either Firewire (IEEE1394) or USB 1.1 (very slow). I strongly suggest using the Firewire interface for reasonable scan speeds. Asking US$100 + shipping/insurance.