The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS:Amedeo’s Contax RF – M43 Adapter, Jupiter-8, Jupiter-9 in Contax/Kiev Mount

vdeakin

Hello to everyone,
I’m switching to a new paradigm and selling off the previous one:

1) Amedeo Muscelli Contax RF – Nikon S to Micro 43 Adapter – it’s a well known and rare to come by masterpiece of an adapter by Amedeo, and it works as advertised. It’s indispensable for a 50mm Contax RF Sonnar, but it also works like a charm for the tele Sonnars – 85mm and 135mm. I’m asking what I paid - $195.00

2) SOLD: Jupiter-8 – Contax/Kiev Sonnar 50mm F2.0 – 9 blades – this is a Russian Zeiss Sonnar copy, it was produced in 1951 (serial number 5108869) and must be assembled of genuine Zeiss glass and modules (according to people in the know that was the case for the 50mm Sonnars through 1953 after which they ran out of Zeiss components and recalculated it for new formula). It was made in Krasnogorsk, has the red Russian ‘P’. It’s in a great shape, no oil, marks, scratches, but the aperture ring is on a stiff side, mainly after 5.6. It didn’t bother me, it could be loosened up before shooting, and the good thing about it – it’s an indication of the original assembly and zero attempts of messing with it. Has a typical Sonnar bokeh and rendering and comes with a screw in aluminum cap – what I paid - $55.0

3) Jupiter – 9 - Contax/Kiev Sonnar 85mm F2.0 – 15 blades – this is a Russian Zeiss Sonnar copy produced in 1955, in Krasnogorsk, with red ‘P’. It must be made of Zeiss components as it looks identical to a Jena Sonnar, and I’ve never seen the 85mm Sonnar made before 1955. Also in a great shape, no oil, marks,scratches, also great Sonnar rendering. Comes with both caps and a plastic case - I paid - $160.00.

4) RJ Contax RF - Nikon S to Micro 4/3 adapter for tele Sonnars like 85mm and 135mm. Worked great before I got Amedeo’s - $20.00

I’m new at this forum, but you can check my feedback on Ebay (also as ‘vdeakin’).
E-mail or call if you have any questions. You can reach me at v_deakin at yahoo dot com, or call 847 eight hundred eight two seven three. I prefer to sell within the USA.
Regards and thanks, Victor

Last edited:

vdeakin

Price reduction for
Amedeo Muscelli Contax RF – Nikon S to Micro 43 Adapter - $175 all inclusive unless shipped outside CON US.

coors

Price reduction for
Amedeo Muscelli Contax RF – Nikon S to Micro 43 Adapter - $175 all inclusive unless shipped outside CON US.
I've been thinking seriously about buying this adapter from you, but isn't $175 actually more than the $170 price, all included, a few posts up? :confused:

vdeakin

Quote:
I've been thinking seriously about buying this adapter from you, but isn't $175 actually more than the $170 price, all included, a few posts up

Are you implying that a man should read or reread his own posts? (But then I might've never heard from you). Or that the price should be always adjusted downward?
You are correct on both counts.
The price is now back to $170 for people thinking seriously about buying this adapter from me, which is $30 or $40 cheaper than getting it from Amedeo (when I got it) and who may not be making them anymore.
And it's still looking new and practically indestructible.