The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Lacie d2 Quatra...working or for parts/non functioning...see description

D&A

Hi All,

Background: An aquantence of mine has a Lacie d2 Quatra (series # 301500U). They are the d2 quatra series that had USB 2.0, eSata, Firewire 400 & 800 and the external outer case has the ribbed design. The issue with his was not the internal hard drive nor the external power brick but the internal electronics that power the drive (unit) up.

WTB: What I am looking for is someone who may have a used and maybe a unit with a non fuctioning/crashed or removed hard drive but the rest of the Lacie unit is/was working perfectly OR maybe an inexpensive buy on a smaller capacity unit thats working perfectly, but they no longer use it.

It must be the 301500U series (as I've been told) and although he could probaably just remove his HD and put it in an external enclosure, he wants to restore his to its original state. His hard drive from his unit can simply be put into a used one when found.

Please let me know if you have one of the requests above (specifically for the Lacie 301500U ribbed series).

****An e-mail response to IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com as opposed to a PM would make it much easier for me to respond via my cell phone.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

*** Just a slight correction to my WTB post above. The Lacie d2 quatra drive I am searching for (as described), doesn't necessarily have to be the #301500U series. Just preferably the d2 quatra series that has the outer metal "ribbed" case type of design. Please let me know if you have one with or without the HD inside. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)