The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica M9, 35 VC 1.2 II and 90mm Elmarit

John Black

Thinking about buying a medium format kit, so selling some of the Leica gear to raise funds ---

Black Leica M9
$5800 Net-to-Me; US Only; Paypal

I have two Leica M9's and this one is my back-up. It is new condition, comes boxed with all its original accessories (neck strap, USB cable, charger, DC converter, battery, body cap, etc) documentation and packing materials. Even the light gray outer cardboard shipping box is included. Most of the accessories were never opened. Only the charger and battery were used. The Leica M9 was purchased new from B&H about a year ago (October 19, 2010). 1500-2000 clicks on the odometer. Its serial number is 397xxxx. The camera has always had a 1/2 case on it to protect it from any possible bumps, scratches, etc. The M9 looks like new and works perfectly. The original B&H receipt will be included. The price does NOT include Paypal fees or shipping costs. Due to insurance costs, shipping is probably ~$60. Alaska / Hawaii may be slightly higher. This is a US sale only.

SOLD --- Leica 90mm Elmarit, Black, 6-bit --- SOLD
$1650 Net-to-Me; US Only; Paypal

This is one of the very last 90mm Elmarits produced. The lens comes in its black & silver box and was sold new with 6-bit coding. Lens is in new condition. Nice, light focus action too. Previous owner said there was pin-prick sized bright spot on the focus ring - I haven't found it... I used the lens maybe 2 times. The Elmarit is sharp wide-open and focus is accurate on both my M9's. Lens comes with its box, leather case and Leica paperwork. I prefer the Canon 100mm F2 Serenar, so selling the Elmarit. Here are some pictures of the lens:

SALE PENDING --- Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Version II, Black
$1250 Net-to-Me; US Only; Paypal

I bought this new from Mr Gandy around 2-3 months ago. It is an amazingly sharp lens and outperforms my 35 Lux ASPH. And the build quality is really quite impressive. The 35 is in new condition and performs perfectly on my M9. I should sell the 35 Lux ASPH instead, but it took a long time to find a 35 Lux ASPH that I liked, so I'm very hesitant to give it up.

Last edited:

John Black

Re: FS: Leica M9, 35 VC 1.2 II and 90mm Elmarit

Added some pictures of the Leica M9. 90mm has sold. 35mm is pending payment.

John Black

Several people have sent messages asking which medium format system I am interested in. I am considering the P30+ and P65+ in the Mamiya mount. At this point I have not decided which one. If you own either P30+ or P65+ (in the Mamiya mount) and have interest in working out trade (obviously cash required on my end), then send me a message. Thanks.

John Black

The Leica M9 is still available (lenses are sold). I no longer need a digital back, so updating the post with some Mamiya lenses I could be interested in as partial trade towards the Leica M9:

1) Mamiya 35mm F3.5 645AF Mint, Complete, Boxed
2) Mamiya 150mm F2.8 645AF "D", Mint, Complete, Boxed
3) Mamiya 210mm F4 645AF, Mint, Complete, Boxed