The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M3 DS 1955 *First Batch* Great Condition.

Morituri

I bought a lens, and it came with this camera, so I am selling it on!

A first batch M3 DS, 1955, In beautiful condition. I mean the pictures says it all. Vulcanite 100% intact. I'd easily rate the exterior 9/10, I can't find any scratches, bumps, or dings anywhere, few very minor scratches on bottom plate obviously and the one faintest one on top of camera, I mean I could hardly take a picture of it. I put two rolls through it and all shutter speed seems spot on, from 1sec to 1/1000, even framing, and indeed very quiet. I had a SS M3 before and it wasn't this quiet in my opinion, the smoothest frame advance, as is legendary for the dual stroke M3. There is a small speck in the viewfinder, doesn't effect viewing, the viewfinder is beautiful, it's an M3, duh!. Rangefinder is exact and all my pictures have perfect focus, close and far. The GLASS pressure plate is very clean and looks hardly used so I'd imagine the camera does not have a lot of milage on it's neck. Quite frankly the camera is begging for some Tri-X.

Only $800 or highest offer, and a $35 for shipping. Payment via PayPal.

Comes with a body cap. Shipped with a tracking number from Sweden (Stockholm) via Swedish Post. Inside a clear plastic bag to protect from moisture, wrapped in bubble-plastic to protect from bumps, surrounded shock absorbing material, i.e newspaper. Local pickup available if you are nearby Stockholm.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Lens not included.

Just for the sake of transparency here is my "swedish ebay" profile, 50 positive, 0 negative ratings,
http://www.tradera.com/MyTradera/Feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?ftgnr=1061056

And "international" eBay profile;
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/leonflorena

Cheers!

Last edited: