The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Special Pricing on Equipment!

• Thread starter carbonmetrictree
  • Start date
C

carbonmetrictree

I've decided to share a resource that can provide significant discounts on the list of manufacturers below. Please do not share this thread with anyone else out of GetDPI. I'd like to keep this within a small group of people to ensure that I can maintain a discounted rate for these items. I am able to purchase the equipment here in California, so you would need to add on 8.25% sales tax.

Email me if you are interested in purchasing equipment from these manufacturers-

PocketWizard
Profoto
X-Rite
Mamiya
Sekonic
Leaf
Eizo
Induro
Skooba Design
Tenba
Toyo-View
Pantone

C

carbonmetrictree

Here are some of the prices:

Profoto 7B- $3450
Mamiya AFD III Camera Body- $4100
Mamiya 28mm Sekor AF 28mm F4-5 D Aspherical - $5300

fotografz

Here are some of the prices:

Profoto 7B- $3450
Mamiya AFD III Camera Body- $4100
Mamiya 28mm Sekor AF 28mm F4-5 D Aspherical - $5300
Price check on aisle 4 ! :shocked:

B&H price for the Mamiya AFD-III is $3,968. not $4,100., and is currently in stock:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/567925-REG/Mamiya_211_160_645_AFD_III_Medium_Format.html

B&H price for Mamiya 28/4.5 D ASPH AF lens is $4,764.60, not $5,300. and is currently in stock:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/507963-REG/Mamiya_210_613_Ultra_Wide_Angle_28mm_f_4_5_Sek.html

If new, and not a demo, the Profoto 7b is a decent savings @ $3,450. B&H asks $4,100. for it. Demos are under $3,000.

C

carbonmetrictree

Haha, sorry, I didn't check before hand!

At least I tried.

You guys are too quick, that's why I can't leave this damn forum!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
man the price the other day at B&H was a lot more for the 28mm. Maybe I'm going crazy though

kdphotography

B&H initial pricing on the AFDIII body only was much higher too.....$4,400 if I recall....

I went with the Phase 645 with Chris Lawrey at Capture Integration....

:)

C

carbonmetrictree

Pocketwizard Multimax - $260 + CA tax.

My prices are from an educational pricing system. That's all that I can say in the public.

im interested in a set of pocketwizards. how much?

D

dlew308

Shucks, similar prices as listed in student discount pdf I have.
Thanks

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Guys,

This is MOC (MAC on Campus) pricing for students and educators. No secret. If you are enrolled in a college-level photo program, MAC (Mamiya America Corp) gives discounts on all its products (Mamiya, Profoto, PW, Sekonic, Tenba, X-Rite, Eizo, etc). You need to provide valid student ID, a copy of your current semester enrollment, and a MOC form with your name and address, as well as signed by the department chair or senior professor. The store would then have to provide these documents for reimbursement from MAC as the student prices are usually less than dealer costs. We are MAC dealers and handle a lot of student/educator orders for the Fort Lauderdale Art Institute and its students.

Bogen (Gitzo, Manfrotto, Elinchrom, Kata, etc.) and Leica also have student discount programs similiar to MAC's.

I'm not sure who your source is, but I do question the offer's legitimacy. The rules are very strict. There is no free lunch in this business.

David

C

carbonmetrictree

Guys,

This is MOC (MAC on Campus) pricing for students and educators. No secret. If you are enrolled in a college-level photo program, MAC (Mamiya America Corp) gives discounts on all its products (Mamiya, Profoto, PW, Sekonic, Tenba, X-Rite, Eizo, etc). You need to provide valid student ID, a copy of your current semester enrollment, and a MOC form with your name and address, as well as signed by the department chair or senior professor. The store would then have to provide these documents for reimbursement from MAC as the student prices are usually less than dealer costs. We are MAC dealers and handle a lot of student/educator orders for the Fort Lauderdale Art Institute and its students.

Bogen (Gitzo, Manfrotto, Elinchrom, Kata, etc.) and Leica also have student discount programs similiar to MAC's.

I'm not sure who your source is, but I do question the offer's legitimacy. The rules are very strict. There is no free lunch in this business.

David

Didn't know the rules were so strict, sorry about that.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member

Ok You have my interest up.........Leica has a student discount program? FLAA isn that far away! Roger

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Leica offers a 25% discount to students and educators on all products.

You may want to consider enrolling now for the fall. :D Or, better yet, start teaching classes.

etrigan63

David, I am about to start teaching some beginners workshops. Can you email me a list of the companies that offer discounts to students?