The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Noct-Nikkor 58mm f1.2 Ais Lens !

D&A

Hi All,

I'm concentrating on purchasing some additonal gear for a number of photographic projects, so a fair amount of some of my Nikon lenses and bodies will be listed for sale in different listings. As time permits over the next few days I'll of course post pictures.

*** First Please note: As usual I am usually on my cell phone, so responding to PM's is sometimes difficult from it. SO PLEASE e-mail me (instead of PM's) at IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions or purchases, although once back at a regular computer, its then of course possible to answer PM's. Thanks!

Up for sale in this posting is my Nikon Noct-Nikkor 58mm f1.2 Ais Lens. What else needs to be said with a lens that has reached legendary status. It ranks up there with some of the finest achievements in Nikon glass. It's hand ground aspherical is one of a number of the reasons for its exhibiting very low coma, especially in low light photography with bright light sources. It's use in these senarios as well as those requiring some of the most incredable and attractive bokeh ever seen in a Nikon lens along with its sharpness and near perfect contrast at f1.2 , this has become one of a select # of lenses thats highly sort after.

These lenses are climbing upwards of an average of $3200 and higher, although some of those are in better cosmetic shape than the one here up for sale. One with a blemish on the front glass recently sold for $3295! On my Noct-Nikkor, the glass is near perfect. Extremely clear glass, no scratches on glass, no fungus, no oil on aperture blades. If I nitpick and look closely, I can see a few small black dots inside lens when looking from behind it with a bright light....simply a few dots of internal flocking from lens. Most would hardly even notice and certainly has absolutely no effect optically. Just wanted to mention for accuracy. As for lens barrel cosmetics, it is not perfect. On the wide focusing ring and barrel, there is a fair amount of obvious signs of use and wear, scratches and some small areas of paint loss. Also on the wide focusing ring, especially along it's top edge has wear along with scratches. All numbers and lettering are clear and of course all this is simply cosmetic when it comes to the performance of the lens. The silver "fixed" ring in the middle of the barrel also has some scratches and light marks. Aperture ring is pretty clean with few if any scratches. Most of the wear and marks are on the focusing ring and I probably made it sound worse than it is. Not sure when I post pics, how much will show. Focusing ring turns fairly smooth as lenses from this era using has spots that has a bit more resistance than other spots (when turning focusing ring) but fairly smooth overall. Aperture ring clicks into f-stops and turns nicely. Lens has a Nikon front and rear lens cap (front lens cap shows wear) and will come inside a generic neoprene drawstring lens pouch. Serial # of lens is 1854xx .

The important thing about the lens is its optical performance and this is one place where the lens doesn't disappoint. Since barrel condition is certainly not LN or E+, I want to price this accordingly and priced to sell. Therefore the price is $2540 (3% additional for Paypal) plus shipping/insurance.

As reference, I've done many transactions (brought and sold) here on Getdpi as well as all the other usual forums and each one went perfectly and was a pleasure. I've also been on ebay for over 13 years with 1369 pure positives (no neutrals or negatives).

*** Again, please e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions.

Thanks for looking at this and other Nikon related items I will be listing in next day or two.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited by a moderator:

D&A

Re: FS: Noct-Nikkor 58mm f1.2 Ais Lens !

<gentle bump one of Nikon's most highly sort after lenses at a price that's lower than most>. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Here are some pics of the lens up for sale. Thanks! Dave (D&A)

leicashot

I can vouch for Dave as a stand-up guy. I would buy from Dave with absolute confidence....if only I could buy this particular lens :-(

D&A

Hi All,

Thanks for your kind words Kristian...they are truly appreciated, especially coming from you!

New price on the incredable Nikon Noct Nikkor 58mm f1.2 lens with everything as described (above) is $2449 plus shipping (3% for paypal payments). If you have any questions, please don't hestiate to ask.

*** Again, its easier for me if you respond via e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All,

Final price drop on this very desirable and sort after Nikon legend. This Nikon "Noct Nikkor" 58mm f1.2 lens comes with everything as described (above) is now $2325 plus shipping (3% for paypal payments). Many of these lenses are hundreds higher in price with LN ones topping $3300 (and more)! IF use and optics is of paramount importance, this sample is a phenominal buy. If you have any questions, please don't hestiate to ask.

*** Again, its easier for me if you respond via e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi Everyone...This lens is now SOLD! Thanks everyone for taking the time to look and write.

Dave (D&A)