The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS - 90mm Summicron V2 Chrome

rmeskill

FS is a chrome 90mm Summicron V2, serial 1741340. Cosmetics are solidly good for a chrome lens from 1960. Some scuffs and marks around, but overall pretty nice. Aperture clicks are smart, blades have no oil, focusing is smooth and accurate on my M9, hood opens easily and stays put.

Now for the caveats-there's a small but not insignificant scratch on the rear element (no idea how someone managed to get it there), but towards the very outside of the element-haven't seen any issues with picture quality and don't expect you to either. And there's just the beginnings of fungus throughout-little wisps of hair starting at the edges of the elements, so it'll need a CLA to clean it out. I've tried to get good pictures of everything and don't expect the fungus to be an issue once it's cleaned out-it's only got a very tenuous hold at the moment.

Asking $750 net, I'll take care of insured shipping, but as I know the fungus is likely to scare people, if there's no interest in the next week I'm going to send it in along with a couple other things for a CLA and then relist it once I'm sure the fungus hasn't caused any permanent damage.

rmeskill

I should note the fungus looks far worse in the pictures than in person-hard to even see without a strong backlight, but I wanted to make sure the pictures were honest