The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 21 mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH

ashwinrao1

Hi all, a bit of a feeler here, to see if there's interest. I am putting up for sale my Leica 21 mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH lens. Unfortunately, the lens comes without a box/case, etc...I purchased it from someone who didn't value resale and had thrown this stuff away. I believe I have the leather case somewhere, but not sure. The lens is in pristine condition, comes with hood, caps (front and back)....

However, I will throw in a Frankenfinder viewfinder.

Thus, you'd get an unboxed 21 summilux and frankenfinder to accompany it....

I am considering a sale for $6000 plus insured shipping within the CONUS.

That's a pretty great deal, considering that they are hard to find, retail new for over $7K after the price increase and typically don't include a viewfinder. If there's interest, I'll post pics tonight.

I have perfect buy-sell feedback here at GetDPI. I ONLY take bank checks, no Paypal. CONUS Sale only.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Re: FS- Leica 21 mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH

Thanks for all of your interest. I am sorting through emails, and trying to respond to everyone in kind.

Lens remains available for now...:)

ashwinrao1

Re: SALE PENDING- Leica 21 mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH

The prospective buyer appears to have flaked on me. He was to meet me tonight, but never arrived, despite email confirmation. His phone was turned off, and thus, the lens is back up for sale....see feedback section for details)...UPDATE: The prospective buyer was apparently robbed on his way to seeing me, so I have fully excused his absense, and have deleted my prior negative feedback, due to his unfortunate circumstance....)

21 lux asph lens with hood, Frankenfinder viewfinder, and both the lens and finders' repsective leather cases are included.

LENS IS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME! Price remains $6000 plus shipping within the CONUS.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Re: SALE PENDING- Leica 21 mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH

Mods, can "Sale pending be removed" from title, by chance? I can't seem to do it anymore...replace with FS or For Sale, if you don't mind!

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Guy! Here are pics of the set (apologies for iphone 4 shots)....

The set comes with a series VIII filter (that's included the hood) as well...

Below are the only blemishes that I can see, on the hood and outermost lens ring (past aperture ring), on the bottom of the lens (side that faces down when the lens is attached to body (provided for full disclosure purposes) the inner focusing ring's spots are reflection, not blemishes....

Also, remember, no boxes or other paperwork are part of this sale, what you see bove is what you'd get....

menos

Ashwin, I sent you an eMail Today about this beauty - looking for a nice 21 Summilux for quite a few months now ;-)

I hope, it is still available.

Best,

Dirk "menos" | teknopunk.com

ashwinrao1

Hi Dirk,
Still available. You and one other are interested for international sale. I will be checking with my bank on wire transfer/etc.

FOr now, the lens/finder/cases remains available at $6,000 plus shipping...