The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Contax G Biogon 28/2.8 with NEX adapter

J

Jacob D

This Contax G lens is in mint condition showing no signs of wear. I purchased it for use with my NEX but decided to stick with Voigtlander lenses for my needs. The optics are excellent and clean, mechanically everything is 100%. I will get photos posted soon.

Includes original front and rear caps, hood, and box. Looking for $390 shipped CONUS paid via Paypal e-check or Paypal Personal.

I also have a Fotodiox NEX adapter. $40 if included with above lens, $60 sold by itself.

If you have done some homework you probably know that none of the adapters are perfect. This Fotodiox focuses smoothly relatively speaking - that means it doesn't feel nearly as smooth as a typical manual focus lens, and it may occasionally "hang up" a little (a small back and forth movement clears the "hang"). That said, it was *much* better than the first Fotodiox that I purchased and returned. The Metabones adapters focus smoother, but are heavy, large, and interfere with proper camera grip. So pick your poison, it's the cost of using Contax G glass on the NEX. Someone else described the experience with the various adapters as "fine for deliberate work".

I'm looking for a CV 15 so if you happen to have one and would like to discuss trade options please shoot me a PM.

J

Jacob D

Here are a few photos of the lens. Guess I should have dusted it off a little better :)

I believe I responded to all PM's. If there are any other questions, feel free to ask!