The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB, Film Manual SLR w/working meter and lens for student

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I know this is a long shot, but if you happen to have something collecting dust, I need to buy a Manual SLR film camera and lens for a High School photography student. Let me know what you have that might work.

RGoldman

Hi Cindy. Let me check with my daughter and see if I can get my old Pentax K1000 back from her. I let her have it last year for her HS photography class and then got her a Canon DSLR which is all she ever uses now. The Pentax is an awesome camera and is what everyone should start with in my opinion! I'll be talking with her tomorrow and will let you know.

Ron

PSon

Cindy,
I have a canon eos and zoom lens that I can give it to you. PM me your shipping address.
Son

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Son and Ron

I would encourage this as we progress in photography to try and give back a little. There are many high school kids out there that would love to get into photography and plenty of schools that offer those courses. if you have some gear like older film camera's that are collecting dust and want to donate to to a local high school. You would serve two purposes first giving back to a hobby or career that you love and helping someone grow in this industry. How cool is that

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Son and Ron,
I have sent you both PM's. I really appreciate the help from everyone in this wonderful community.
Thank you.

PSon

Guy,
We all try our best to help contributing to this great community that you and Jack have created for us. Besides Cindy is an outstanding member and we all try to give back to community that we gain so much from.

Best Regards,
-Son

C

carbonmetrictree

Hey Cindy, I can also check in my refrigerator for some Ilford HP5 black and white film and some transparency film if you need it!

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks to everyone who offered to help me get the gear together for the student. I really appreciate it. What a great place Guy and Jack have made for us.:thumbup:

C

carbonmetrictree

Glad to help Cindy, the film will be shipped out shortly!