The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Nikon 24-120mm f3.5-5.6 VR AF-S $159.00 (USA Ver.)

D&A

*** First Please note: As usual I am usually on my cell phone, so responding to PM's is sometimes difficult from it. SO PLEASE e-mail me (instead of PM's) at IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions or purchases, although once back at a regular computer, its then of course possible to answer PM's. Thanks!

Up for sale is my Nikon 24-120mm f3.5-5.6 VR AF-S Lens (USA Ver.) It comes with both original front and rear Nikon caps, original hood, a nice Hoya UV Front Filter and original Nikon box.

PLEASE NOTE: The Original Nikon Box (as described below) and the front filter are not shown in the images below as I fogot to take them originally but they will be included. (Sorry for the low rez pics).

*** Please also read below for a complete description and condition of lens, box and all items***

It was hard to determine if I should have rated this a 9 (or even higher) or 8+ etc since except for one cosmetic area at bottom of barrel that has marks, the lens's cosmetics are a solid 9 to 9+ (read below) and Glass is perfect! Glass is pristine inside and out with no marks, issues etc. Apature blades also clean and open and close perfectly. Zoom control smooth and lens AF S AF works swiftly and silently. If manually focusing, it's firmer (stiffer) than some other AF-S lenses but I have found this the same on other 24-120 f3.5-5.6 VR lenses I tried.

Barrel cosmetics looks basically a 9+ except for an area near the very lower part of the black barrel where it ends (edge), where there are some small dings in the plastic. If you look closely at pic # 1 on very lower right side, you can barely make out those marks. Purely cosmetic from briefly getting loose in my camera bag with other equipment.

The Nikon USA Box has just a single one of it's inserts inside, as a young nephew of mine got his hands on the empty box to play with. The rear Nikon cap is pristine and the front Nikon pinch cap does have a lot of wear, scrathes etc. from my keeping it in my pocket with keys and change, but of course it fuctions perfectly.

The Hoya UV filter is in nice condition and has always protected the front glass since the lens was new.

Price of $159.00 includes Paypal fees! Shipping/insurance additional.

The Nikon 24-120 3.5-5.6 VR was never a stellar performer like many of the higher performing zooms and the lens would be great for a young budding photographer who may still have unsteady hands or a young family member who is practicing their photography with a DSLR.

I've brought and sold many items here on Getdpi over the years and recently sold both here and on FM in the last 2 weeks my Nikon D3, Af 85mm f1.4D, 16mm f2.8 AF fisheye Nikon 14-24 f2.8 and Noct-Nikor 58mm f1.2 lens and some others. Feedbacks are coming in (as we speak). I've sold many items though on most of the other usual photo forums for many years and all transactions have been both wonderful and a pleasure. I've been an Ebay member for over 13 years with a perfect 1300+ feedbacks.

*** Again, please e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited by a moderator:

D&A

Re: FS: Nikon 24-120mm f3.5-5.6 VR AF-S $159.00 (USA Ver.)

e-mail sent in response as requested. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Re: FS: Nikon 24-120mm f3.5-5.6 VR AF-S $159.00 (USA Ver.)

Hi All,

This lens is now SOLD! Thanks to everyone who contacted me with interest!

Dave (D&A)