The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 35mm Summilux-M ASPH 6-Bit

John Black

Earlier this week I upgraded to P65 back, so I need to sell some more M gear (actually all my M gear). First up is the 35mm Lux. I have owned this lens for about 2 years and it has been wonderful lens. I bought it from another forum member and he had the focus optimized for F2 at 2M, and that calibration has been perfect for me on the Leica M8 and M9. If there is focus shift, I have not experienced it. The previous owner also had Leica NJ 6-bit code the lens.

The lens is in near mint condition. The only signs of wear are some paint loss where the hood attaches, and that is not visible when the hood is attached. Also there is some paint loss on the corner of the focus tab. Focus is very smooth and has a very light touch. The aperture ring clicks cleanly and precisely from stop-to-stop. The hood and hood cap are new (replaced them about a year ago). Also the E46 cap is new.

The sale includes the lens, Leica front and rear caps, the new hood, new hood cap, case, box, user manual and all the original packaging material (baggies, foam inserts). Box and lens serial numbers match. For more about the lens, I wrote a review about it around a year ago - review here. And a gallery full of pix here.

Price is $4250 net to me. This is a US sale only. A couple recent pix of the lens (taken tonight) -

John Black

Both the 35 Lux and 50 Lux have been sold to the same member who bought the M9 a couple weeks ago. Thanks everyone. Happy Holidays.