The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: BH55 Ball head

RGoldman

I have been using the 410 geared head with the 645/P30+ and love the stability. It's a little slow and clunky compared to the BH-55 but you get used to it.

Terry

This
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/562408-REG/Gitzo_GH2780_GH2780_Center_Ballhead_.html

Actually it is lighter but has a unique feature I like . When almost locked you can tilt up and down but restricts from going side too side. You can still go that way but more force needs to be applied. Helps stop creeping too. I still need to add a quick release plate or actually put a Pano clamp on.
I just bought the 1780 version of this head and put it on my Gitzo 1550T.

Stuart Richardson

That was a great deal Guy! The BH-55 is a hell of a head, though it is a bit bulky. I mostly use the BH-40, except for 4x5 and heavy MF I will use the BH-55 (I got it long before the BH-40 existed...). I love RRS -- they are such a good company.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I just bought the 1780 version of this head and put it on my Gitzo 1550T.

Jack bought the same one and for the same tripod. It actually held my MF system with a 150 2.8 lens on it . Very strong

The BH55 is really a great head and the Linhoff Jack is selling is also really nice . We figured we would try them and see how they work in the field this week.

I wish more of you folks came to this workshop the shear volume of lighting gear and accessories is breathtaking and just wait till you see what we do with it. Cars , Motorcycles, Models , Products. Very good workshop. We actually hopefully will have video to show also.

Terry

Jack bought the same one and for the same tripod. It actually held my MF system with a 150 2.8 lens on it . Very strong
Wow, if I had a new Gitzo before just one of you, I have truly learned the fine art of being a gearhead.
To find that I bought one before both of you I think I might need a referral to my local Gearhead's Anonymous chapter :angel:

Terry