The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica 50mm E46 Pre-Asph, 75 'Cron, and 90 'Cron Pre-Asph

dubes

(1) Leica 50mm Summilux-M Pre-Asph E46 (with pull-out hood), the highly sought after version with minimum focus of 0.7M, not 6-bit coded. The aperture ring has some play, despite a visit to Leica NJ, and there is some very minor paint loss on the aperture ring, but otherwise mechanically and optically superb. Includes front and rear caps and B+W MRC UV filter. Asking $3000 + shipping.

(2) Leica 75mm APO-Summicron-M E49 (with pull-out hood), 6-bit coded. Includes box, leather case, and paperwork, and B+W MRC UV filter. Some internal dust but otherwise glass is clean and clear, and mechanically the lens is perfect. There is some very minor paint loss on the hood and aperture ring from use but otherwise cosmetically perfect. Asking $3,400 + shipping.

(3) Lecia 90mm Summicron-M E55 (with pull-out hood), not 6-bit coded. Probably needs a service since the focus ring is tight and the internal lens surface is covered in spots (previously believed to be haze). Includes front and rear caps and B+W MRC UV filter. Asking price to be determined once it has been inspected by a professional (see post #4 below, last photo).

I'm willing to split Paypal fees 50-50. If not using the Paypal Gift option, I will only ship to a confirmed Paypal address.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

dubes

90mm Summicron:

I am adding a new photo of the lens with strong light shining through the back, to show what I initially believed to be lens haze but am no longer sure that's the case.

I hope to get the lens looked over by a professional this week to get a proper diagnosis.

Last edited:

dubes

FS: Leica 50mm E46 Pre-Asph and 75 'Cron

The 90mm Summicron-M is no longer for sale. The consensus view seems to be that whatever is afflicting the lens element is unrepairable at reasonable cost.

The 50mm Pre-ASPH Summilux-M and the 75mm APO-Summicron-M ASPH are still available.

Thanks for looking,
Mike

dubes

Price of 50mm Summilux E46 Pre-Asph lowered to $2800 + shipping (Paypal fees split 50-50). New price is firm.

dubes

I apologize, I thought my member profile had my location (now corrected). Shipping is from New York, NY USA. International buyers are responsible for any import duties. Thanks