The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Millennium Black Paint 50mm Summilux

j. white

Hello,

I have been looking for a pre-ASPH, e46, black paint 50mm Summilux lens and it appears that this forum is the world's current hot spot for them!

Please send along info if you have one in great shape that you're interested in selling. Leads are also appreciated.

Many thanks,

-J.

j. white

Hi Robert,

I know that some of the 50's were sold as a kit with the Millennium M6ttl bodies, with matching serial numbers on body and lens.

Some were made available individually as well, sold in the same time frame as the later introduced LHSA M6ttl model. I have no idea how many were produced.

-J.

Last edited:

j. white

Thanks for the heads up Brad,

Wow! Arsenal in Hong Kong must attract the collectors market. Hoping to find one at more of a "user" price.

Best,

-J.

robsteve

Subscriber
Did you try calling Sean at CameraWest. He had a few black paint 50mm Summiluxes when we were there for the workshop in the spring.

Robert

j. white

Re: WTB: Millennium Black Paint 50mm Summilux (FOUND!)

Did you try calling Sean at CameraWest. He had a few black paint 50mm Summiluxes when we were there for the workshop in the spring.

Robert
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reminder. After two weeks of searching around in his copiously stocked back room, Sean got back to me and yes, he did have one. (!)

Picked it up this morning and I am one happy guy.

A little back story: I used to own this lens but thought it would fall into disuse after picking up a copy of the ASPH version and decided to sell.

Well... As much as I like the newer lens, I found that I really missed the rendering of the pre-ASPH version. Lesson learned: Never sell a lens you like. You'll only buy it again later...

-J.