The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M8 and M lenses (EU)

carstenw

I am sadly selling my Leica M system. I love the stuff, and some of these lenses are the best in their class, if not in the world, but I just don't use it any more, find myself not attracted to the M9, and do not want to keep this much money tied up just in case the M10, which will undoubtedly be outrageously expensive, should appeal to me more.

I have priced everything just on the low end of fair, or at least I have tried. I will not entertain lowball bids, but feel free to write me if you think that one of the prices is higher than the EU market dictates. All prices are just for the item, shipping and PayPal extra. EU sales preferred, but I will ship further if I get no local bids.

Leica M8 fully updated - chrome - 2100 Euro

This camera is in very nice shape, although some minor scratches on the baseplate don't show well in the photos. It has a rare black dot, and the shutter release has been tuned for a very light, smooth release, in drastic opposition to the standard rough, 3-step shutter. The camera has been updated with the full package, i.e. sapphire LCD cover, quiet shutter and accurate frame lines, and is thus M8.2 spec. There is a scuff on the left edge of the top plate, but it is hard to show in photos, and is not large. Overall, it has been very well taken care of, and will be sorely missed. It comes with charger, 2 still fully functioning batteries, body cap, silver box (with a small tear on the side of the cardboard tray), and papers.

Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2.0 ASPH 6-bit coded black - 2400 Euro

This lens is as close to perfect as it is possible to be without actually being new. It is probably the most perfect lens I have ever owned. The aperture clicks with just the right weight and sound, the focusing is amazingly smooth. What is there to say, it is almost new. Comes with hood, caps, silver box, papers, Leica IR filter, and leather pouch.

Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH I chrome - 3000 Euro

This is maybe the most beautiful lens I have owned. It is perfect in almost every way, just minute, tiny marks reveal that it is not new, and the glass is perfect. I have tested it for focus shift yesterday, and discovered that after an adjustment by Leica, it has sadly acquired a small amount of focus shift, perhaps 1-1.5cm at MFD. It should be possible to tune it so that the sharp plane is on one side wide open and the other side stopped down a bit, but it is possible that the DoF is not quite enough to cover both situations. Having said that, most copies I have examined have the same problem, and it is possible to work around. This copy used to have little enough focus shift to keep within DoF, so it is possible that it could be retuned again. I have knocked 10% off my price in recognition of the focus shift. Everything is still there, hood, caps, papers, silver box, leather pouch, and a Leica silver IR filter is included.

Leica Summicron-M 90mm f/2.0 ASPH black - 2200 Euro

This is one of the best lenses I have ever used. Beautiful rendering, razor sharp. It is in near-new shape, and comes with caps, but no box etc. The aperture ring has a light touch to it. A B+W IR filter is included.

Leitz Elmar 3,5cm 1:3,5 - 200 Euro

I bought this lens specifically for its old rendering style. I deliberately did not take the slightly newer Summaron, because it was too good, and didn't have this old rendering style. It has a coating on one of the internal elements which can result in some seriously funky flare if shot into a bright light-source, but this has been examined by Leica in Solms, and determined not to be fungus. Because of this internal coating, the price is low. It includes the correct LTM-M adapter, which normally go for around 100 Euro by themselves.

Leica M 1.25x Loupe - 190 Euro

In excellent condition. Comes with the little leather pouch and original short chain.

Leica M8/M9 black baseplate - 100 Euro

This is a black baseplate which I used with my M8, to simplify the look a bit. In very good, but not new shape. No major scratches, no dings.

Cosina-Voigtländer 15mm f/4.5 Super Wide Heliar w LTM/M adapter - chrome - 350 Euro

This lens is in nearly perfect condition. Includes both caps, 15mm finder, and the correct LTM adapter which by itself normally goes for around 100 Euro, as well as the right size B+W filter for fitting inside the hood, if used with an M8. Glass is perfect.

F

Frank1966

Hallo Carsten,
ich bin an der M8 und dem CV15mm set interessiert. Bin leider momentan in Shanghai, ist es moeglich (ist es eine gute Idee?) beides nach Shanghai zu senden? Bezahlung via PayPal ist kein Problem (Konto in D ist noch vorhanden).

Gruss aus dem fernen Osten
Frank

Ginko

I sent you a pm about the Lux 35 asph.

Btw, the M8 looks so sweet with that black dot !:bugeyes:

menos

Carsten, you have mail regarding the 28 Summicron ;-)

Nice price on that chrome 35 Summilux - if I would not use a black sample of this lens already, I would go for it - one of my favorite lenses, really (film or digital)!

carstenw

The 28, 35, 90 and M8 are spoken for, and maybe also the Voigtländer and perhaps even the Elmar. Now I have to sort through the huge number of emails/PMs to figure out who gets what...

I should have set the prices higher after all... ;)

carstenw

Due to the large number of requests, I will initially only contact the first people in the list. I will walk down the list if people decide not to buy, until I have buyers for everything. Then I will answer all PMs/emails. Sorry, I am a bit overwhelmed with the number of offers.

carstenw

Tiago, I have received very many offers for almost everything I have listed, so I would not go down in price. In fact, some people are offering more than I asked, to move ahead in the list, but I am not doing that either. Sorry.

jonoslack

Carsten - much too late I'm sure, but I'll buy the 90 for whatever, and also the black base plate - I'm sure you trust me, but I can pay either by bank transfer or paypal (within 10 minutes!).

all the best
Jono Slack

menos

Thanks a lot Carsten for the great transaction so far ;-)

I hope, somebody really buys that 35 Lux ASPH quickly (I won't tell it loud, but this is really underpriced and sooooo beautiful).

carstenw

The payment for the 35 Lux is already on the way. It might seem underpriced to you, but I bought it a few years ago, and I am already making money off this. I would much prefer to set a good price and have someone happy with it. And if he doesn't like it, or doesn't want to deal with the focus shift, he can sell it on and probably even make money from it himself. It is a lucky lens :) I will miss it though :(