The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson RD-1s and Epson 4490

Albino_BlacMan

Easiest way to contact me is probably by email at chris_plis at hotmail dot com

Epson RD-1s - $1150 Shipped and Paypal’d
Found this for sale locally for a good price. So I went to look at it with the intention of purchasing it to resell for a few bucks. Picked it up, when I held it I made a mess in my pants, handed a stranger a large wad of cash and took it home. I was infatuated and I swore I would shower this beautiful camera with the finest M-mount glass. However after two days of fondling I came back to reality and remembered two things: a) I’m broke and don’t own any M-mount glass, so I can’t afford a lens for it never mind a ‘lux and b) sometime next week my framer will call me and request a large wad of cash for the work she’s done for me. So here it is for sale.
If you didn’t know, this camera feels great in your hands. I would say it’s in user condition. Not many marks or anything except for one pretty substantial scratch on the screen (looks like there was something that the screen rubbed against when the previous owner folded it in). A little paint loss along the bottom of camera but those are the only real noticeable things. Look at the pictures and you can decide for yourself the condition. Definitely not a shelf queen but it doesn’t look as bad when you’re actually viewing images on it instead of just looking at the blank screen. I played with it a little with a Zeiss 21mm the previous seller had. Focus and everything seemed accurate but it’s a wide lens so it’s hard to tell forsure. The images looked good though, this thing with Zeiss seems like a nice combination.
Comes with 3 batteries (1 Epson, 2 Fuji), charger, three 2 GB memory cards (1 SanDisk and 2 Axxen) and the body cap. Since I have bills to pay coming up shortly I will ship so that arrives within 5 business days (probably faster) so you can check it out. I will only accept returns if something was very grossly misdescribed (but please look at the pictures). Also if you do return it, you cover the return shipping and you have to use a method that will get to me in 5 business days. However I’ve sold quite a few things on the forums and never had anything returned so I don’t see this being a real problem.
Asking $1150 shipped and paypal’d to Canada/US (which should cover my initial purchase price, dry cleaning for my pants and a case of beer to drown the sorrows that will result from seeing this thing go). Prefer Canadian funds and Canadian buyers but I’m fine with shipping to the US (and maybe US dollars if you’d prefer). Add $100 and I’ll ship to anywhere else in the world (seems like a lot I know but the 5 business days thing is expensive).

Epson 4490 (with 35mm ANR Inserts) - $140 Shipped and Paypal’d
Second up for sale is my Epson 4490. Asking $140 dollars for it shipped and paypal’d to either Canada or the US. I can hear you now, “$140, that’s crazy for a used flatbed! I could get a v500 from B&H for that price!” Yes you could, however, this is pretty much the same scanner as the v500 except that supposedly this one takes longer to warm up (although I’ve never actually noticed this). So why buy from me you ask? Well depending where you live B&H might charge you shipping. Additionally, B&H wouldn’t through in two 35mm BetterScanning ANR glass inserts (yeah that’s a $60 value and they’ve only been used once). Comes with the power and USB cables, 35mm film holder with ANR glass and flimsy plastic. LF film holder (I believe that’s what it is at least) and the black plastic cover thing that you use if you want to use it as a normal document scanner. Doesn’t come with the disc with drivers, however you can download these from the Epson website. Only reason I’m selling this is because I found a really good deal on a Plustek 7400 and that’s all I use now (I would probably keep this just for proofing except I don’t have space on my desk). (accesorr

Additionally I have two random items for sale:
Manfrotto 055CX3 centre column (make me an offer and we’ll work something out)
‘04 Acura TSX A-Spec suspension. If anyone is interested in this send me a message and we can figure something out. Currently posted for sale on a few Acura forums but I thought I might as well throw it on here.

Albino_BlacMan

I can also throw in a Paterson Developing Tank with the scanner for like $5 to cover shipping if anyone wants (Tank for 1 35mm reel, 35mm reel, twirly sticks, top cover).