The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

F/S: Cool Stobist off-camera lighting.

fotografz

2 items for sale today ...

1) Complete off-camera mobile light:
Extendable Light Pole with SunPak 120J TTL bare-bulb flash powered by a light weight Quantum Turbo SC battery. More light and much better quality light than any speed-light. Light can be removed and also used on a stand.

Includes: Quantum battery charger, proper coiled cable to Sunpak 120J, rare half/dome diffuser, spare unused bare-bulb, sync cord to your radio system, and all the bits and pieces to mount it. Just add your radio receiver to the Velcro already there, and you are good to go. (No radio system?, ask me, I have one to sell).

All this bought new is about $895 not to mention finding it all and making sure it all works together under pressure:
My Price complete/shipped/PayPal/ConUs ... $495

Note: with the proper user replaceable SunPak module, this can be used on-camera TTL. There are a zillion modifiers for this barebulb flash avaiable from Quantum. (I have a bunch if someone is interested). Also, a bare bulb is far more effective when used in a soft-box or when coupled with a parabolic reflector while using an umbrella.

2) Chimera Super 24" X 36" Pro-Plus soft-box silver interior with all the mounting stuff.
"Plus" means the front diffuser is removable so a more specular light can be utilized. This is perfect for a soft wrap-around 3/4 waist up portrait of one or two adults, or a head-shot.

Includes the soft-box & diffuser, rods, Chimera bag (not shown), proper speed-light mounting ring, a HD umbrella type elbow to allow tilting to desired angle, and an assembly of various parts to configure for most any speed-light ... (as show below with a Sony 58 speed-light).

Soft-box complete and all the bits and pieces to make it work is about $295.
My price/shipped/PayPal/Conus ... $175.

Thanks for looking ...

-Marc

vieri

Hello Marc, are both items ready to work together? Meaning, getting both one is setup and ready to go or will one need to get some more stuff / bits & pieces to be able to use the softbox on the pole/flash combo? Thanks in advance, best
Vieri

fotografz

Hello Marc, are both items ready to work together? Meaning, getting both one is setup and ready to go or will one need to get some more stuff / bits & pieces to be able to use the softbox on the pole/flash combo? Thanks in advance, best
Vieri
Here's the 120J mounted to the light pole with the Chimera soft-box. The Chimera comes with an L arm and I've included other bits and pieces to accomidate most any other regular speed-lights.

Correction, the box is a soft white "Portrait" version and comes with an inner diffusion baffle and outer diffuser.

For demonstration purposes on the pics below, I extended the light pole part way and used a Pocket Wizard to trigger it with both of the diffusers off ... it doesn't come with a PW or any radio. but I've included a hot-shoe with sync cord to PW mini-plug, and a second sync cord with a sub-mini that plugs into the base of the 120J so a hot shoe trigger is needed ... ya never know what might work and what might not depending on which speed-light is used.

If you want to drive a second speed-light on a stand with an umbrella I have a second Quantum Turbo SC kit I'll sell for $295. It would need the proper cord to what ever flash you have. I have a bunch and could see if any are correct for your speed-light. There are two umbrella elbows, one with each listing, so you wouldn't need to get another if you buy both items.

These were shot at ISO 100, 1/250th @ F/9 and f/11.

-Marc

BTW, it is a bitch getting all this stuff together and working reliably ... ya gotta have the right bits and pieces and keep them in a sack with the kit. This kit is super easy to travel with ... everything will fit in a carry-on including the light-stick which is 25" when collapsed.

ke6idu

email sent, I'll take...
2) Chimera Super 24" X 36" Pro-Plus soft-box silver interior with all the mounting stuff.