The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson R-D1 Kit - 12D and 21D VF and Bridge Grip

GDI

I have a very nice R-D1 Kit with some desirable accessories. This camera works great, the RF is in good alignment and there is a little wear on the edges of the body. The photos show the wear (and really make it look a lot worse than it is).

I am selling this because I just rarely use it and I have a digital Leica. I swore I would never sell this camera because the handling is just so great, but I am really used to the Leica now and it should go to someone who will use it more. I still love it, but the only thing that irritates me about the Epsons is the metering, which generally underexposes about a stop - especially indoors - anyone familiar with them will know what I mean.

Here is what is included:

1 - R-D1 which has been upgraded to R-D1s functionality (Version 2.0) and includes all of the luxurious packaging, Body Cap, Software, Manual, Strap, Charger and 3 Batteries (1 Epson, 2 aftermarket).

2 - Voigtlander 12mm D Viewfinder - this was specially made for using the Voigtlander 12mm UltraWide lens on the R-D1. This retails for $250 at CameraQuest. This viewfinder is a 18mm equivalent on a full frame 35mm. It comes with the original Box.

3 - Voigtlander 21mm D Viewfinder -again specially made for the R-D1 and the 21mm lenses. This VF is not available anywhere as far as I know, CameraQuest is out of stock. It sold for over $200 I believe and does not have the box.

4 - Bridge Grip - a beautifully made grip that screws into the R-D1 tripod mount and acts as an arca-style quick release plate (see pic). Nicely made and comes with the original box. Note, this grip prevents changing the battery without removing the grip - see the picture, but some people have used a dremel to modify it. I just removed it when I needed to - takes a few seconds. These sold for around $125 I believe and I do not think they are currently available.

I only want to sell as a complete kit at this point. I know some people may not have 12mm and 21mm lens for the viewfinders, but if not they should buy them - they are great! I am asking $1750/OBO for everything plus insured shipping to the US.

Thanks.

Last edited:

GDI

i'd take the grip if you should decide to split the kit.

joe
I won't sell anything unless the body goes first. I will consider offers on the body alone or with any combination of accessories. Then I'll sell the rest, probably.

back alley

well then, good luck with selling the body...i know you look after your gear well and how much you loved this camera...i have 2 bodies that i hope will last as long as i do!!

GDI

Also, I should have noted that the LCD does not have any scratches on it -the pics show it with protective film over the screen.