The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M Accessories and Lenses

John Black

Mint Canon 100mm F2 LTM Lens
Included Voigtlander LTM / M Adapter + Original Like New Hood + Original Leather Hard Case
$1200 Shipped and Paypal'd in the US; US Sale Only

This lens was made in the early 60's and is very difficult to find. I was attracted to the lens because it is Planar optical design. The lens is in near new condition (and I paid a small fortune it). Focus is smooth, the glass has no blemishes or marks, aperture clicks cleanly. Focus was accurate with my Leica M9 (now sold). I shot the lens wide-open on a regular basis and had a keeper-rate in the 75% range. Focus is a little stiff (on par with the typical Leica 90mm Summicron Pre-ASPH) and I was going to send it to DAG, but since focus was accurate, I decided it was best NOT to tinker with the lens. Yes, the lens is supposed to be canted to left about 15 degrees. Canon did that so (supposedly) you could see distance scale with out having to pull the camera away from your eye. Also, the lens is focus coupled (it's a native LTM mount) and it focuses like any other M lens on a Leica M.

The lens is very sharp wide-open and probably every bit as good as my Contax 100mm F2 Planar on the Canon 1Ds3. The Voigtlander adapter pulls up the 90mm frame lines (purchased new, comes with box) and that work very well. I'll shoot some pix of the lens after the Super Bowl. The first two pix were taken in August and the lens looks the same now as it did then.

Price is firm. I am perfectly happy to put this lens in the closet until a M10 or M11 comes along because I know it could take a year or two find another Canon 100/2 in this condition.

And some samples -

F2

And probably F5.6 or F8 (can't remember)

Voigtlander 35mm F2.5 P II Color Skopar
6-Bit Coded by DAG, LH-4N Lens Hood and Heliopan UV Filter
$500 Shipped and Paypal'd in the US; US Sale Only

This great little lens that works very nicely with the Leica M9. I'm the original and had the lens coded Don (DAG). That was a costly exercise and it took Don several months to get it done. The lens comes with the Voigtlander hood. Somewhere its rear cap get switched to Leica rear cap. I lent the lens to a friend, he lost the front cap and used a Heliopan 39mm UV filter as a cap. The lens is in like new condition. The hood has a couple very, very minor bright spots. The filter does not have any scratches. The lens is coded as a Leica 35mm Summarit. Sean Reid has a nice review of this lens.

SOLD --- A&A Black Rope Neck Strap --- SOLD
$85 Shipped and Paypal'd in the US; US Sale Only

The neck strap was purchased new from Popflash. The strap has seen light use and looks new. Comes with its original box & packaging.

SOLD --- Thumbs-Up EP-1 Black Paint, No Lettering --- SOLD
$75 Shipped and Paypal'd in the US; US Sale Only

Purchased new from Popflash. It has a tiny bit of brassing at the edge where your thumbs rests. Comes with its box. The green felt dot is to keep the Thumbs Up from rubbing against the M and leaving a rub mark on the M body.

SOLD --- Leica M9 Original Battery --- SOLD
$75 Shipped and Paypal'd in the US; US Sale Only

Charged probably 3 or 4 times. It was purchased new from B&H. No box.

Last edited:

menos

John, this is indeed a very beautiful sample of the Canon 100/2 LTM, one cannot see often for sale in this condition. It is too beautiful, to be used.

One of it's specialties though is, that it is a Sonnar design ;-)

I love mine and wouldn't give it away. I like it more than my pre ASPH 90 Summicron.

Good luck with the sale.