The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Black M8 - excellent condition

edmund

Hi Everyone -

Id like to sell my beloved M8. I bought it here in 5/10, as an entry into the RF system. I loved it so much that I got an M9 6-8 months later. Since then the M8 has sat in a drawer as a backup.

The M8 has always been in a Luigi case, with Schott glass. It has 13,233 actuations. It was CLA'd by DAG in 4/11, I believe. I would say it is in excellent condition, as I tend to baby my equipment. It has only only minimal signs of wear, mainly around the area where the straps attach. It will come in it's original box with the original charger and battery. The original plastic cover is still on the bottom plate. Id like $2200, and I will split the PP/shipping fees.

I normally take photos for these posts, however just dont have time and will be happy to take some when there is a serious buyer.

The main advantage of the M8 is that it is a good entry into the RF world and it has the faster shutter (1/8000) - the main reason I hung on to it for so long.

I am selling to fund the purchase of some ophthalmic equipment I feel would be useful on my next trip to Haiti. Photos from recent trip (shot with my M9) are here: Haiti Photos

By the way, if anyone is interested in working down there, this hospital is wonderful! And I would be happy to pass along any additional information.

Also feel free to ask any questions regarding the M8!

Thank you!

xtianyves

Photos in the thread would be nice. I'm sure it would help you get more prospective buyers as most are too lazy to PM just for photos.

Nice photos on your site. Glad to hear someone doing good down there!

NB23

Not to hijack or anything, but a sincere question: DAG does CLAs on Digital cameras now? How can that be?As far as I know, there's nothing to CLA in a M8 other then wipe the 2 windows from the inside.

Godfrey

Not to hijack or anything, but a sincere question: DAG does CLAs on Digital cameras now? How can that be?As far as I know, there's nothing to CLA in a M8 other then wipe the 2 windows from the inside.
Sure, why not? There's not much different about the focusing system, viewfinder, and shutter assembly mechanicals between an M7 and an M8, really. Yeah, the M8 has a lot more electronics in it, but most of that doesn't need much servicing.

DAG overhauled both my Minox EC and C electronic meters/shutters more than a decade ago. I'm sure he's quite competent at doing service work on electronic cameras.

N

New.Trev

I asked DAG about that recently, and he said that all he does it adjust the VF, and does NOT work on the electronics inside. FYI.