The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS NEX7 and E mount lenses based in UK

jonoslack

Hi there
this is testing the water a little - some may be surprised, and so a little explanation is in order:

I'm selling the NEX7

The reason is that if I want AF and zooms, then the controls and AF of the A77 together with my nice Zeiss lenses, makes it better than the NEX7 - obviously the NEX7 is slightly better at High ISO, but the on sensor IS of the A77 makes up for that for me.

If I want to shoot primes or low light . . . . then the rangefinder and the subjective 'feel' of the images on the M9 makes it better than the NEX7

Basically, I do two types of shooting -
1. Concentrated careful shooting with primes - where the M9 really is the best answer
and . . .

2. Casual opportunist shooting with zooms - in which case, for me, the A77 is better

if I take the NEX for 1. I wished I'd taken the A77 . . . and if I take the NEX7 for 2. I wish I'd taken the M9 - but the reverse has never been true (wishing I'd taken the NEX). So the obvious thing to do is to bite the bullet and take the hit.

My selling on GETdpi has always been rather unsuccessful (always good experiences, just not many of them!) So this is testing the water a bit - I'll leave them here until the weekend, then if nobody is interested I'll go to ebay

I can do paypal (+2%) bank transfers are lovely if you trust me, and I can ship anywhere, but I reserve the right to add extra shipping to out of the way places.

I'll do photos of the kit if anyone's interested, but basically it's all in almost new condition.

NEX 7 £900
Zeiss 24 f1.8 £700
Sony 18-200 £500
Sony 18-55 £150

jonoslack

Zeiss 24 f1.8 £700
Sony 18-200 £500
Sony 18-55 £150

Still available . . now all you guys have your NEX7s!